Reliance Jio getting undue favors from Indian Government?

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Reliance Jio, BSNL in intra-circle roaming pact for 2G, 4G

Reliance Jio and state-run telecom operator BSNL have signed intra-circle roaming agreement for 2G and 4G services.
After the finalisation of the agreement, BSNL customers would be able to use Reliance Jio's 4G services in roaming while the latter's subscribers could use the state-run firm's 2G network for making voice calls.

"We are upgrading our network which should take three months. After this BSNL customers having 4G handset will be able to use Jio's 4G service on rate that both the companies will finalise soon," Shrivastava said.

Ab karlo BSNL mutti mein.
I got some message on WhatsApp few days back, that instead if giving BSNL their own spectrum, Govt is planning to allow BSNL to take spectrum on "rent" from RJio.

It is clear that BSNL will charge different tariff for jio 4G. Do we know if Jio will charge extra for the 2G network?

Last edited:
I dont understand ... if a private company wants to give "preview / free" offer.

Shouldn't it be out of company's pocket?

I dont understand - if due to JIO's free offer - people talked more - so Government shud get more money.

People used more data -- so again Government shud get more money.

Just because JIO is giving it free does not mean that Government shud also NOT charge anything to JIO.

Read in local newspaper's business section that due to JIO, Facebook and Youtube's revenue increased 230% as more people watched videos then ever earlier. So won't some that that increased revenue gone to govt in form of taxes?

I do not understand.

Joi is offering 2GB data on Rs149 prime plan. We used to pay approximately Rs500 for that data before this.

If I go by the logic that freebies costed the revenue to exchequer will the lower (considering all the operators now have to lower the tariff) have tariff not pull down the revenue?

Is there a minimum amount that an operator ought to charge? I understand operators can not charge less than interconnect charges for calls but what about data?

All done by paid media n govt officials lobbied/bribed by old operators we know who all.

By this logic they should charge Rs.100 per cigarette stick, any one selling below that price is depriving govt of it's revenue.
If jio didn't brought spectrum then who would have? They also earned by selling spectrum to JIO. I don't think other operators have that deep pockets.

I think we are going in same way republicans feed bullshit to people in usa. Atleast these old tel cos do so.
NIXI data rate is still Re.1/GB becoz existing tel cos need to pay for infra they laid. All shit fed to us.

Ambani + Gov. =
MrBurnsExcellent.png~c200

I agree with the above.......

But Irony is, in the Jio Prime thread, most of the users were going Ga Ga before 2-5AM unltd. was written off.......... but now most of them are not finding it good enough..... so it is your greed....... most of the users were considering 4G a subsitute for the saner and more reliable wired broadband because 4G was coming free/ cheap....

Corruption trickles down from the top.... it is all the previous Govt.'s and even the present Govt. charging insane amount for the spectrum...

Ultimately it is the common man who has to pay up for the swindling, cartelisation, nexus between Politicians, Businessman and Bureaucrats...
So whether it is a loss or perceived loss no one can deny the nexus.... and whatever :emoji_carrot:you fall for, you have to pay up... There ain't no such thing as a free lunch....

So the loss is directly proportional to the greed of the freeloaders...

Of course I am ready to pay the price, earlier monthly (28 days lol) expense was average Rs.200 for mobile and now using Jio it will be Rs.499/-