Reliance Jio freedom from daily data limit plans (June 2021)

• Thread starter Thread starter itzmynet
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 1,913

itzmynet

Regular
ISP
Airtel
KCNjcrT.jpg

Now this is something useful for me.
I mostly only ever need data when i'm travelling / when my ISP at home is having issues and I end up getting extra data addon just for those days.

This would eliminate that issue and with Jio network being pretty strong near my home (close to 100 down / 10-15 up) might just switch back from airtel.

Last edited:
kind of amusing that people are preferring bulk data over daily data now lol.

The per GB cost is actually double from the regular plans. But I guess it's beneficial for some people
@The_PC_Guy There was a WFH plan for 250 right ?

Now they have removed it I guess cause then the new plans wont make sense.

Last edited:
hopefully airtel also launches these. i end up getting the yearly plan with ~20GB of data because i have access to wifi most of the times. having access to bulk data would indeed be useful in case of emergencies.

Really? They removed WFH plans?

Update: They haven‘t. Phew 😮‍💨

I guess so. Nowhere to be found on their main plans page.
Jio has basically relaunched the WFH plan with more price and flexibility of data (with Voice)

Update:- WFH Plans are retained

Last edited:
The unlimited data aims to say that there is no daily limit. It has been phrased in a wrong way knowingly or unknowingly

It is unlimited. You can use @64kbps after the exhaustion of your quota of high speed data till your pack's validity date.

Whether it's usable or not is for you to decide, but it is technically unlimited.

64kbps on finishing daily limit is fine. getting stuck on it for the rest of the duration of your plan? not so much.

i do hope people who rely on mobile data as their primary source of internet do not end up recharging with these plans.

It's a well thought out system. Only the Jio app works fast enough to help you recharge, in case the slow speed frustrates people. All other domains are throttled. I see myself preferring to use these plans with the option of unlimited data topups which are really cheap. It's almost like having the benefits of postpaid now.

Their spectrum holding does not allow that I guess. And Airtel does not have all Fiberised towers which is again a problem. They run a Wireless backhaul
And again Data prices are already among the cheapest in India. Basically Wireless Telecom is a costly affair