• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,730

mreccentric

Addict
I got banned!
ISP
Airtel / ACT / BSNL
I wanted to know the details of Jio Landline. How can it be used on mobile app, and how will there be no cross talk or mismatch since it supports 5 users.

Also, what is the number series for Jio Landline, considering it 8 numbered. I'm still not using Fibernet, i'm planning to.

I'm using the Jio Fiber. I'm not sure of 5 user support for the landline, but it has only one RJ11 port to connect the landline set. However, using JioCall app you can connect the mobile phone to landline no. All the outgoing/incoming calls can be handled using this app. This app works only when you are connected to your JioFiber WiFi, you can't make/get calls while connected to other WiFi.

I can confirm that there is 5 user support in landline via jio call app

But they cannot use it simultaneously it is just that 5 different mobile phones can be configured with same landline number and will ring at the same time when you receive a call

all phone ring concurrently. and since its a digital connection so whoever picks first gets tha call.
Not sure of outgoing.

Yes even for outgoing only one device can call at a time, whether it's your land-line device or your jiocall smartphone. You also need to be connected to your jiofiber wifi, if you want to make calls with the landline.
Number series given here in Mumbai is
'022-7961-XXXX'.

Thanks for the informations. So, the wifi needs to be ON to take up the calls through mobile phone.
But, right now, Jio Fibernet is the cheapest broadband provider across India, while airtel is little costlier than it.

BTW, are the Jio Landline numbers system allocated, or can we have a particular series in it on request.

Last 3 digits is the serial number of your connection for that particular location. which I guess can be requested , I guess, but then I might not be updated to the current situation

Jio cheapest being 399, you get 30Mbps (real speeds ~24-26Mbps).
While airtel being a 100 bucks higher, you get 40Mbps, plus a few subscription like xstream and wynk, plus speed performance for 40Mbps is honored.
Jio Landline by default is system allocated, but you can ask your contractor for a special number before you register, I think it will cost a bit more.

Thank You for all the posts. I have had a bitter experience with Jio, and i will go with ACT Fibernet or Airtel.