Reliance Jio Fiber upload speeds are 10% of your plan speed

• Thread starter Thread starter undercover
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 31,738
@alekhkhanna - Like I said I did notice slight lag while watching certain videos so I wondered if there is a way apps can be closed or an app that cleans the memory.

Edit - isn't it also a good way to "UP" the performance of the device when there is more memory to work around with ?

@bigman91 Not really. The app management is generally so good on both iOS and Android now that the background apps don't take much resources. It was just a myth for battery saving, but won't help much there nowadays too (Unless the app is really badly coded and uses GPS etc, but again the Android 10 permissions are pretty darn good - going off tangent here).
Most apps in BG are effectively frozen, so you shouldn't really see any improvement after closing them. What can matter is definitely the free space on the device (in this case STB). Low space can make loading and playing a bitch.

@ponnitheunreal - I'm guessing you streamed the video. Did you try playing that high bitrate file via VLC or Kodi. (do not stream the videos)

@bigman91 the box is quite good.... people might say that you are better off with chinese box but i would say this does the job very well and it has its problem with closed eco system, bad billing, poor choice of OTT but its too early to rule out jio from equation, they will slowly open up and once we get top OTT apps and this will be one of the top notch android box.

Yup exactly what's on my mind but I'm hearing this disparity in STB models like ones running on older Android, having no TV tuners, some reporting bad color reproduction. All this sounds concerning.

@bigman91 yes, older software can be upgraded via OTA, i dont think that is even a major concern, the hardware is capable of doing things. what color reproduction issues? anyone has started a thread of any news article? i dont see any issue with colors. although the annoying part is HDR10 is on by default and cant be turned off, may be thats what the color complaint might be about. again its just software issue. it should be good when they next ota is released by them. maybe software team should look into all reviews posted on various sites to compile all issues and rectify them immediately else its bad image for the brand.

I got a call today from Jio in Bangalore. The techsupport guy mentioned that upload speed on Jio is same as download. He was pretty adamant on that.

Has Jio policy changed recently?