Reliance Jio Fiber Static IPV6 IP

• Thread starter Thread starter Sonu2007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 12,087
ISP
BSNL
Currently using BSNL broadband with static IP, but recently too much downtime and they are not willing to solve it. So looking for Jio now.

I am aware that getting static IPv4 from Jio is not easy but its possible to get static Ipv6 from them? I need static IP for login ssh servers and other where access given by IP. So no port fwd n all. Just simple browsing.

I dont want to use VPN in this case.

I don't think so bro. Even their IPv6 is a NATted one not even public dynamic IP. @Sonu2007

I use ipv6 to ssh to servers and from outside to home network. Works fine.
In my experience ipv6 on jio doesn't often change. It even survives a longish router shutdown.

But in case it does I have a bash script to update ipv6 on the Cloudflare sub-domain.

It's better to get airtel fiber and get a static ipv4 with it. Or any other ISP if you have, nowadays even local ISP give out static ip if you pay for it.
Ipv6 personally is just too much of a hassle to work with.

ipv6 is a hassle for those who dont have experience with it. Once you learn it, its very very easy to expose to public. My IPv6 address only changed thrice in 4 months so its pretty stable, you can use cloudflare ddns if its some really important stuff you are hosting. It even doesnt change after reboots btw.

It's NATed, I think, for me. I know it shouldn't be as it defeat the very purpose of ipv6. My wan ipv6 address and public ipv6 address are different. I hate Jio. I will surrender my connection after the 30 days trial. @ackr8

Last edited:
At my location I have only Jio option. Airtel installation is going on so they told it take 2-4 months for complete activation.

i am not hosting on ipv6, I just want static IP when I access to servers for security purposes.

i read Jio offers /64 IPv6 to each connection?

IPv6 is not NATed. It was my mistake. I was comparing the WAN IPv6 address with the public IP address like in IPv4. The IPv6 DHCP Server directly assigns a public IPv6 address to any device connected to the router. I am new to this IPv6 thinggy so, please excuse me for the mistake.

Last edited:
Ipv6 will be hassle till static ipv4 is available as ISP's are reluctant to work on it. Even giants like Jio dosent like to work with ipv6. My ISP was blocked by Jio on ipv6 and it took over 2 weeks to remove that blocking

Nope, still a hassle. Buying a static ipv4 is miles better. Ipv6 address itself is a bigger hassle mess to begin with.
IPv6 is the replacement for IPv4 & it was supposed to be deployed way earlier than it is currently expected only reason being people don't care about it so ISPs have no incentive to use it as a selling point, Jio is No.1 in the world btw in terms of IPv6 deployment. Thinking IPv6 is hassle only because its new is like saying electric cars are trash because they are different.

Last edited:
It's NATed, I think, for me. I know it shouldn't be as it defeat the very purpose of ipv6. My wan ipv6 address and public ipv6 address are different. I hate Jio. I will surrender my connection after the 30 days trial. @ackr8
bro i use it to access my all my servers, its not NATed and please dont make assumptions on your experience and especially misguiding forum members.

IPv6 is not NATed. It was my mistake. I was comparing the WAN IPv6 address with the public IP address like in IPv4. The IPv6 DHCP Server directly assigns a public IPv6 address to any device connected to the router. I am new to this IPv6 thinggy so, please excuse me for the mistake.
@ackr8 Next time, read my comment and then comment.