Reliance Jio Fiber 5Ghz not working on my Desktop

• Thread starter Thread starter gagansood477
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 28,314
ISP
JIO Fiber
I have JIO Fiber latest router installed at my home Model No. JCOW401. On my TV and my mobiles it shows 5Ghz network and connects to it and I get good speed too.
On my desktop unit I have Windows 10 64 Bit (Legal copy of windows) and I have installed 5ghz compatible TP-Link AC600 High Gain Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter.

The problem is that on my desktop unit it does not show 5Ghz network and only shows 2Ghhz network with a speed of only 50Mbps when tested. I had called their customer care but they refused to take a complaint.

Can someone help ?
Regards (Gagan Sood)

try installing the latest drivers for the wifi adapter.

Don't know the exact model you are running but i think you have this:

Can you link the page you brought it from?

Downloaded the drivers from the link you provided. But the problem still is same. It is not detecting 5G network. Only detecting 2G network.

1. Search "cmd" in the Start Menu.
  2. Type "netsh wlan show drivers" in the Command Prompt & Press Enter.
  3. Look for the "Radio types supported" section.

Right Click on "TP-Link Wireless USB Adapter"

Click on "Properties'

Click on Driver tab and also take screenshot of that box

Click on Details tab, Select 'Hardware ID' property and copy/paste the first hardware id line here.

I don't know how to create a 5Ghz hotspot on my phone.

My phone is connected to a 5Ghz internet through Jio Fiber Router and when I created a hotspot on my phone, it worked and my PC detected my phone and I am connected to internet via my phone's hotspot.

Is this a 5Ghz connection ?

Problem may be channel. Search for 5g and go to Basic Configuration 5 GHz on the jio router. Change channel to 36, and check if you are able to connect now. Try higher channel on router if already on 36.