Reliance Jio Customer Data Breach

• Thread starter Thread starter rps
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 4,809
wlcm is the website right? Aadhaar Number did not appear for two numbers I tried.

Reliance Jio database breached: Company says data on site authentic

In a statement a Reliance Jio spokesperson said prima facie the data appears to be authentic. “We want to assure our subscribers that their data is safe and maintained with highest security. Data is only shared with authorities as per their requirement. We have informed law enforcement agencies about the claims of the website and will follow through to ensure strict action is taken,” the spokesperson said in a written response.

lol. they must be wondering... what's the big deal guys.

Acc to the reddit thread, the website was showing details for even those who signed up today.

The following is also making the rounds.
DOP0Tgf.jpg

What I'm guessing is there was/is an active data leak from Jio's side.

yup. my number is also present along with email id. fucked up tbh.

reliance is probably like "whats up guys? whats the big deal?" where as in US, it'd probably hit by class action lawsuit

Exactly. Reliance isnt bothered because we do not have proper laws.

And even if we had proper laws, case would have lasted for years.

And even after lasting for years Reliance may still have power to influence the judgment.

So "Mitro", in India ... have "hota hain, chalta hain, chalana padega" attitude and live peacefully!!

thats the problem. even though I can minimize the damage if email and phone number are leaked, if adhaar is leaked, I cant do shit. I know companies are required not to store adhaar right now and its punishable by law but this is india. lot of things happen off the books. when I last went to my village to get some work done, there I saw adhaar center asking OTP for adhaar changes and people giving it without any second thought.

Government websites itself stores and leaks Aadhar numbers!

Lack of coverage about this in the media is shocking. If all the Jio customer's data is available then this might be one of the biggest data breach in history.

It was a big mistake to take jio connection. Only I have taken the connection in my family in my name because of my greed for free data . Now I don't know what will happen.

Lack of coverage about this in the media is shocking. If all the Jio customer's data is available then this might be one of the biggest data breach in history.
UK company talktalk was fined a hefty amount when their customer's data was breached but here the government wont do anything as that would mean no more 'donations' from ambani.