Reliance Jio Customer Data Breach

Rupeshwar

[OP]
Sep 21, 2014
Yes that is the website. None of the numbers I tried has Aadhar present.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Reliance Jio database breached: Company says data on site authentic

In a statement a Reliance Jio spokesperson said prima facie the data appears to be authentic. “We want to assure our subscribers that their data is safe and maintained with highest security. Data is only shared with authorities as per their requirement. We have informed law enforcement agencies about the claims of the website and will follow through to ensure strict action is taken,” the spokesperson said in a written response.
lol. they must be wondering... what's the big deal guys.

Jay

Regulars
Sep 4, 2014
Acc to the reddit thread, the website was showing details for even those who signed up today.

The following is also making the rounds.

What I'm guessing is there was/is an active data leak from Jio's side.

Reactions: Sushubh

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
yup. my number is also present along with email id. fucked up tbh.

reliance is probably like "whats up guys? whats the big deal?" where as in US, it'd probably hit by class action lawsuit

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
Exactly. Reliance isnt bothered because we do not have proper laws.

And even if we had proper laws, case would have lasted for years.

And even after lasting for years Reliance may still have power to influence the judgment.

So "Mitro", in India ... have "hota hain, chalta hain, chalana padega" attitude and live peacefully!!

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
thats the problem. even though I can minimize the damage if email and phone number are leaked, if adhaar is leaked, I cant do shit. I know companies are required not to store adhaar right now and its punishable by law but this is india. lot of things happen off the books. when I last went to my village to get some work done, there I saw adhaar center asking OTP for adhaar changes and people giving it without any second thought.