Reliance Jio 5G doesn't allow to use VPN.

• Thread starter Thread starter sbt3333
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 16,688
ISP
Jio 5G
Jio 5G doesn't work with VPN. My company uses GlobalProtect VPN, whenever I try to connect VPN using Jio 5G; It gets connected but nothing is working. Not even able to load google.com. As soon as i switch to 4G it works. Not facing such issue with Airtel 5G or broadband connection.

working here, on Surfshark

IPv6 has nothing to do with it; since Jio5G supports 4in6.
Even if you use hotspot as IPv4 only mode, your phone is smart-enough to do the NAT and conversion.
My company uses PulseSecure, and we are using an IPv4 as an endpoint. Works just fine. I know people who use Zscalar, good response from them as well.
In Mumbai, 4G and 5G both are IPv6 only. Same for Vodafone.

One thing you can try is: maybe use default DNS and disable any Secure DNS, maybe that will resolve the issue.

Last edited:
It may not be related to this, and i already explained my experience in another thread.

I was not able to connect to wireguard VPN servers(three different servers) from Jio 5G. But if cloudfare warp connection established, then i connect wireguard, it connects successfully. Ofcourse, cloudfare warp automatically disconnects once wireguard connection established. This experience is in iPhone 13 pro.

Jio is a mess in ipv6, i do recollect public servers of Jio were not accessible on ipv6 on my local ISP and since ipv6 was preferred network, has lost access to my Jio app, jio cinema app and jio tv app. Problem was only in apps not while surfing on website

Update: If I ping google.com in the command prompt, I am getting a proper response. But not working on the browser. I tried to install Globalprotect on my android phone and still had the same issue.

I faced this issue recently and somehow able to make it work. Thought of sharing the info here, it might help someone.
  • Disconnect the hotspot of jio mobile; i.e. your LAPTOP not connected to any device over wifi
  • Let the jio mobile data be ON
  • Connect the mobile to laptop using Bluetooth tethering
  • Connect to globalprotect app
  • Turn on mobile hotsopt in mobile and connect to LAPTOP's wifi
It worked for me.

Last edited: