• Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 24,376
Status
Not open for further replies.

alian1980

Regular
ISP
Five Net
Hi,I would appreciate if any Reliance GSM user from Mumbai or Navi Mumbai share some feedback about its network quality.I have reliance CDMA and I am planning to shift to Reliance GSM because of mobile phone restrictions. Any help or suggestion in this regard would be highly appreciated, I look forward to your response.Thanks a lot.

Sucks. RCDMA is much better. If switching to gsm is a must, go with vodafone, and if you can live without 3G, have a look at loop too. Mtnl is another option.

Undoubtedly Reliance CDMA is much better in terms of coverage and call drop issues as compared to Reliance GSM. But if you looking for economical pricing in terms of using 3G services, then Reliance 3G would be good option. Other than that only Vodafone is good in terms of network and 3G speed.

the reason why mtnl is below airtel and TD is... the mtnl 2G is worst. Other problem with mtnl is that the 3G signals of mtnl makes your phone hot and drains battery faster then VF,Airtel.

how is voice network in mumbai and how is 3g speeds in mumbai of reliance gsm?

I am using reliance 3G for all my internet requirements and almost 90% times it provides 2 Mbps + speed. Regarding voice, it has good outdoor coverage in western suburbs but may trouble in indoor if you are residing above 6th floor and no near by tower in adjacent building

Anyone... how is the quality of reliance now?
I think vodafone 2g no more works in mumbai.
2g of all providers are almost not working
hence 3 is only is option left.
mtnl,airtel,vodafone,reliance.
MTNL is no good as all know. - their 3g drains battery.
vodafone 3g is slow
airtel is little better than vodafone in mumbai. Idea now uses airtel to give 3g in mumbai so it will make 3g of airtel still slow at par with vodafone.
Hence I have come to see if reliance has improved?

from Andheri to churchgate...
i will try a prepaid of reliance today...

Ok will try with a sim this week. problem is that there are no reliance stores around and the ordinary shop whom I can trust has no new reliance sims. he accepts only ported sims only. Lets see i will port a extra aircel sim soon to reliance.

I am using the reliance sim since last 1 month.
one thing i have observed is that reliance is using loop mobile network heavily for 2G connectivity , both voice and data and they have few 3g towers compared to airtel and vodafone. The outdoor connectivity is good but indore is poor. its because of many networks they are using. (Theire own 2g and 3g and loop 2g ) it takes time for their network to connect to the best signal strength . Like if reliance 3g network signal is poor, it will not connect to 2g signal till the signal strength of 3g becomes zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.