Reliance for Online Gaming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be metro Ethernet then.

In metro ethernet there's no modem required. A direct CAT5 cable will plug into your PC. You will get a static IP address and yes,pings are far better on Metro ethernet.

You will get upload speed equivalent to your download speed.

The reliance sales guy that came to my place told me that metro ethernet is crap compared to dsl around my place. He said that internet goes down on metro ethernet more frequently and blah blah. But that is probably a regional problem I guess.

MetroE requires electricity at the switch/EDP. Again, the same backup issue arises.

Right. Because of construction work at home... Two of the three Dishes were damaged. No places to get new ones installed right now. Got the cable guy to install a connection earlier today. He would have the same issue during power cuts. Freaking mess.

Last Question :-
1)anyone faces frequent DC on Reliance ??
2)average ping for whole day ??
3)does reliance provides static or dynamic IP ??

puneet241092 said:
Last Question :-
1)anyone faces frequent DC on Reliance ??
2)average ping for whole day ??
3)does reliance provides static or dynamic IP ??
1. FREQUENT DC EVERY SINGLE DAY
2. Depends on the ping site usually around 170+ for US servers
3. Both you can configure it
I recently switched to BSNL from Reliance, no issues 😀

Reliance CC is not picking up the phone([color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:Roboto, helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]1800-3000-7777)[/color] :
any other alternative to contact them ??

afaik Reliance has it's own undersea cable network so you can probably expect better routing by them.
Airtel is messed up for EU, 260+ ping for some servers in france, everything was fine before SEAMEWE disturbance.

Its been a week and since then got no reply from reliance regarding connection.

Also I called them 3-4 times and their reply was you will get callback within 24 hrs and then I waited for 3-4 days and so I am not going for reliance.

Today I called airtel(fibernet1499 8 mbps@ 25 gb) and cc said this plan is available in my area and agent will come to collect documents.

When I handed over him the document and asked him about the plan he said - "15 gb hai 8 mbps ka 1499 pe and wo fiber nhi hai" and at that time I gently asked him to leave my house.So no airtel for now.

Last option is tata docomo.Should I go for it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.