Reliance Communications has shut down their CDMA network with little warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any Rim CDMA user got 4G sim??

My friend got 4G SIM by post / courier.

He is reluctant to switch over!

He says CDMA coverage is much better.

But I think he will have to do it ultimately/

Yup. But surprised that whenever I visit the nearby store there are hardly any people who are there for migration. I mean I know a lot of people here were on cdma network. I guess I'm the only idiot at my place who opted for migration instead of porting out :think:

If 4G does not work, does it not fall back to 3G or 2G?

4G has never worked on Rcom CDMA migrated numbers. Forget 4G, even 2G and 3G doesn't work properly and they are calling it 'CDMA to 4G LTE upgrade' :swear:

Yes but if u are in area where Reliance 3G/2G works, will phone use it or not?

If 4G does not work, does it not fall back to 3G or 2G?

I never got 4G despite migrating two numbers to it from CDMA. What I'm getting is 3G with a fallback to 2G (the network icons fluctuate between H and H+ so it's HSPA). Data speeds are on an average below 1 Mbps; voice quality is average. This is in Mumbai circle.

My Two colleagues who were using Reliance CDMA dongle are cursing Reliance as they are disconnected from World since last week. Both got their SIM by courier, but not able to get device as they are not able to register for new dongle.
Anil Ambani should have simply sent out message to all customers to switch to another provider instead of doing all this drama of CDMA to 4G switch.

Same thing happened with my brother in law. His old dongle has stopped working and store guys have no idea about the launch or when the new sim would be activated.

SIMs for dongles/WiPods would not be activated unless they get a 'go ahead' from Jio for launch of 4G services. The WiPods that they're giving can only use 4G networks with no failover to 2G/3G.

One of my relatives had received GSM/4G SIM. (he does not use for internet but just calls)

And he asked me what to do - if to keep reliance or to port out.

I told him to keep and try their GSM network. If not happy then port out.

Lets hope he does not face this issue (i havent asked yet).

Also I hope that Reliance did not use PORTing method for switching CDMA users to GSM because otherwise once you PORT in to a network - the rules say you have to keep it for 90days.

in manual search I am able to see Rcom 4g but not able to connect to it?
89fc8439993656b6894b6bee7e4bd9e5.jpg

8f99125f3051af9e9798232bd28c2fd3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.