• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,527
Status
Not open for further replies.

cloud

ISP
Reliance wii max
hey guyzz i want ur help its very urgent........... m from pune actually m gamer i play online game .m using reliance wii max 400 kbps but while playing online games[Counter strike] m getting very high ping and ping is fluctuating from 50-250 i hv tried all things even reliance coust care cant help me 🙁 m using Reliance from 2 years coz in my place there are no other ISP and facing this prob 2 years plzz aom1 help me out ....... my recent prob is m nt getting proper signels 5 days back unkwngly my physical address went all zero so i was unable to access internet then i changed my mac address from LAN properties and after that m getting slow speed HOW TO CONFIGER ANTENA SETTING ? PLZZZ PLZZ SM1 HELP ME THNXXXXX IN ADVNCE ^_^

Wireless service (whether it is WiMax or even just accessing your DSL/Cable router via WiFi) will always give you a higher ping than if you were on wired service (ADSL, Cable or Fibre), so depending on the server you're trying to access and where it is located, a ping time of up to 250ms isn't too bad.

Bad pings are not due to Wimax. Infact many of the telecom providers use Wimax technology to link up their towers. It all depends upon the server that you connect to, the Route the connection takes and the Network Infrastructure of your ISP.

Bad pings are not due to Wimax. Infact many of the telecom providers use Wimax technology to link up their towers. It all depends upon the server that you connect to, the Route the connection takes and the Network Infrastructure of your ISP.

Try pinging the same server from a wired Reliance connection, then from a WiMax Reliance connection.

Wireless access (no matter what type) frequently introduces a reasonably significant increase in latency - granted, this is probably more obvious with WiFi than WiMax, but generally speaking as you said, it depends a lot on your ISP and the equipment in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.