Reliance broadnet problems on Desktop, working on Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

gladson1976

ISP
BSNL HOME 500
Hi all,

I am currently in Banjara Hills, Hyderabad and have a Broadnet Cable connection (400 Flat Fee) (No phone line or modem or dish, just a cable).
It was working properly till 3 days ago on both my laptop and desktop, but now it shows is 'Limited or No Connectivity' on my desktop .
The same cable is working without any problems on my laptop.
(My desktop is quite old, a Intel Dot Station [Intel Celeron 300 with 128 MB RAM on a Intel 810 Motherboard])

[EDIT]

The Reliance guys had come in the afternoon with their laptop and checked the cable. Since it was working on their laptop, they said the problem is with my desktop or LAN card and they cannot do anything about that.

I came in just now and all i did was, change the "Link Speed & Duplex" to "10Mbps/Full Duplex" in the LAN Card Properties in Device Manager (saw it in another forum). I didn't even have to restart the system. It works great and the speed is also good.

Steps:
1. Right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties"
2. Goto "Hardware" tab and click on "Device Manager"
3. In Device Manager, right click on the LAN card (under "Network Adapters") and select "Properties"
4. Goto "Advanced" tab and select "Link Speed & Duplex" in the list
5. In the value dropdown box (right side), select "10Mbps/Full Duplex" and click "OK"
6. Close "Device Manager".
7. Your Network Status icon (right bottom corner of the desktop), should enable in a few seconds and you should be connected to the internet now.
8. If it doesn't, then restart the system once.

Status
Not open for further replies.