Reliance Broadband Wired ADP connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunandoghosh

ISP
depends
Hi Friends,I have applied for Reliance Wired Broadband Connection. As explained by local guy its probably ADP connection which means its very fast and does not require modem. It does not require telephone line. An Ethernet cable comes directly from Customer Distribution Point and can be plugged directly in Laptop. Location - South Delhi.Few Observations and Queries and appreciate your experience / advise / answers:1. Why is the installation process so so slow? Customer care calling hardly helps?2. I would like to have a static IP but reliance website mentions nothing and calling customer care is really painful as menu options are so so convoluted. Pls guide how to get a static IP.3. Does anyone have recommended Net gear wireless N300 router settings. Once the installation is complete I would like to have router connected to have wifi at home.4. Currently I am having tikona and am frustrated as it requires me to login every time in a browser. Also when I try to setup my own router the customer care of tikona says I need to buy static IP as because otherwise even in Wi-Fi I need to always login thru web browser. Pls share your views.5. How Is airtel broadband comparatively and do they provide static IP?Pls share your thoughts and guide as much as possible.

Advance congrats!!!!First of all what u gonna get is a Metro Ethernet connection i.e., without modem.1) That's the way they are from the beginning.2) Calling CC is the only way. By the way y u need a Static IP.3) No idea. I don't use one.4) Reliance too has the Login system. U need to login once in 24 hrs.5) No idea

Advance congrats!!!!
First of all what u gonna get is a Metro Ethernet connection i.e., without modem.
1) That's the way they are from the beginning.
2) Calling CC is the only way. By the way y u need a Static IP.
3) No idea. I don't use one.
4) Reliance too has the Login system. U need to login once in 24 hrs.
5) No idea

I need static Ip because I don't want to login every time after connecting. My understanding is that with static IP there will be no need for further logging in.

Loads of stand alone routers available. State your budget.
Airtel has fup, mtnl doesn't.

Budget is not a constraint. Should be easily available in Delhi.

Status
Not open for further replies.