• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 6,518
Status
Not open for further replies.

anantmf

ISP
tatabroadband
Hi,I am planning to takereliance unlimited 75 kbps planso i wanted to know...if the torrent download is allowed or not....if it is blocked then no point in taking it...so please let me know................thanks.

I think it is allowed! IMO none of Indian Isp blocks torrent.

hey one more thing...i just read on some blogthat reliance connection automatically logs offafter the 3 hours...is it so??? coz i usually keep my pc on whole night for downloading....in my tata connectionso if ne reliance user please help me out on this....thanks.

Hi

I have reliance connection and am able to download torrents with out any problem but the problem is .. i have received couple of mails in post from reliance saying its illegal to download copyrighted information....... and we might disconnect your connection if you continue the same....

Any once else is facing the problem.........

Regards.............

Hi,

I am planning to take
reliance unlimited 75 kbps plan
so i wanted to know...
if the torrent download is allowed or not....
if it is blocked then no point in taking it...
so please let me know................

thanks.

^ Are you sure its from Reliance and not your buddys trying to play a prank on you? It would be great if you could take a print screen of that message and paste here for us to see 🙂

Yeah give us a printscreen of that mail, how can Reliance write a mail, that means they are spying on u?

i dont think reliance will do that , why they will leave others and go after one,ok u should give printscreen.

It will never happen in india. Altough my cousin who stays in ireland says that copyright laws are very strict there and ocasooinally he gets mail from his isp saying "its illegal to download copyrighted stuff especailly from torrents"

yes it will also happen in india.. isps will try their stupid tricks to stop torrents, warez downloads etc, but not in the near future.. but i am looking forward to the challenge of beating their system already

even if they sent this kinds of mails no one will stop it, because he may go to
other isp. ok BondWitMe we need some proof, if its ok.

Reliance or any other isp does not do it on its own. They might have received a complaint from RIAA, MPAA agents saying - so and so ip was downloading so and so file at so and so time. Please warn the user.So, the isp does its job. If this were America, they would have forced the isp to disclose the user behind the ip. Our laws are so weak that MPAA will go crazy collecting a single cent as compensation. Things will change in 10 years time though.

Maybe. I have read about similar letters on reliance rim (or something, don't remember exactly) forums though.

Status
Not open for further replies.