• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,975
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhi21

ISP
Reliance
Reliance should decrease their charges more and increase the speeds to 2Mbps or 4Mbps Unlimited with cost around Rs1000pm, 2Mbps is the minimum speed to be called as Broadband according to TRAI, so the current speeds are not true Broadband in the actual sense, hope reliance changes their current tariffs and provide true broadband speeds@ reasonable prices soon..

If wishes were horses, beggers would ride.Why would they decrease their margins unless the Govt or competition forces them to do so?I think MTNL and BSNL should do what you said. Then the private players can follow suit.

Reliance should decrease their charges more and increase the speeds to 2Mbps or 4Mbps Unlimited with cost around Rs1000pm, 2Mbps is the minimum speed to be called as Broadband according to TRAI, so the current speeds are not true Broadband in the actual sense, hope reliance changes their current tariffs and provide true broadband speeds@ reasonable prices soon..

Actually 256kbit/s is the current TRAI standard. The resolution to change to 2mbit/s has not yet been passed in to regulation.

If wishes were horses, beggers would ride.
Why would they decrease their margins unless the Govt or competition forces them to do so?
I think MTNL and BSNL should do what you said. Then the private players can follow suit.

Not gonna happen unless Reliance, Bharti and Tata decrease their wholesale prices first, since those 3 own all the international links, and MTNL, BSNL and every other ISP in India purchase their bandwidth from them.

As such, if anyone reduces their prices first, it's one of those private players.

Then the system is wrong....WRONG!! Goddamit this country is run by retards.PS - the link over "If wishes were horses.." says birthday party ideas. Mahahaha.

Then the system is wrong....WRONG!! Goddamit this country is run by retards.

1. The system is not really very (if at all) different anywhere else.
2. Duh.

I think touring the world has made you a cynic. Or a realist. Depends on how you look it at.Still......some countries have a better Moronic/wise ratio in their govt as compared to us. So there is still room for improvement.

I think touring the world has made you a cynic. Or a realist. Depends on how you look it at.

Still......some countries have a better Moronic/wise ratio in their govt as compared to us. So there is still room for improvement.

Well there is logic behind my madness.

Firstly we'd need to get wholesale bandwidth down to about rs2 per gb for 4mbit/s unlimited - a significant reduction from what it is now - but hopefully the cost of the local loop is about right now.

Secondly, one could probably count on 2 hands the number of countries that have 3G unlimited plans. Even then, you're still looking at Rs1500-3000 easy for said plan - not what you'd call cheap.

Otherwise, one can still base future 3G offers on what is currently available from Tata, Reliance, MTS, and BSNL EVDO services... Keeping in mind that those 4 services are basically 3G services, but what you are waiting for in India is the licensing of the GSM spectrums.

And that is why I don't expect significant change even when these 3G services do begin operating (circa 2011)

with tata charging 1500 bucks (plus taxes i guess) for 15GB of (unlimited data transfer!) on their photon plus 3G CDMA based connection... what are we expected to hope?

with tata charging 1500 bucks (plus taxes i guess) for 15GB of (unlimited data transfer!) on their photon plus 3G CDMA based connection... what are we expected to hope?

That's what I'm saying: expect the prices to be relatively similar when GSM comes to town.

Status
Not open for further replies.