Reliance Broadband officially shutting down

AS Kapoor2

[OP]
Jun 26, 2017
Here is an excerpt from Reliance communications email:

"Dear Reliance Broadband Customer,

Thank you being our valued customer.

The Telecom sector in India is witnessing unprecedented competitive intensity prompting telecom service providers to re-evaluate their business models. As a step in this direction, Reliance Communications (RCOM) has decided to adopt a 4G focused strategy. In line with this new strategy, we have decided to discontinue our Consumer Broadband Service effective 15th Dec 2017. We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused to you, but this decision was taken keeping in view the larger stakeholder interest.

We will process any deposit or refund due to you within the next 60 days, as per the refund policy. We are seeking your co-operation to allow our partners to recover any equipment presently installed at your premises.

We once again thank you for your continued patronage, and hope to serve you again.

Best wishes,

Reliance Consumer Broadband Team"

Reactions: Sushubh

AS Kapoor2

[OP]
Jun 26, 2017
Please let me know how to go about refund if they don't pay us within 60 days as they owe my friend Rs 1000 and his line is already disconnected. Customer care has been scrapped off !

AS Kapoor2

[OP]
Jun 26, 2017
They stole few hundred from me too. I guess there are not many options when ambani is so close to the government.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Movies? They finance a lot of Hollywood movies.

ijsa

Regular
Regulars
May 3, 2008
I am yet to get refund from last year man.
They stole few hundred from me too. I guess there are not many options when ambani is so close to the government.
me too....

But this is a family of thugs.... they shelved Delhi Airport Expressline and put it on the shoulders of DMRC to bear the loss....

And it is not Anil Ambani who has had called the shots.... it is Mukesh...... Why would anyone close down its telecom operations with loyal customers.... it was systematically shutdown to benefit Jio..... Now Jio will gallop everything but the losses(which banks will bear, ultimately the common man.....)

AS Kapoor2

[OP]
Jun 26, 2017
@ijsa agreed. Reliance are a bunch of arrogant thugs from top to bottom. Even their customer care reps behave rudely if you compare that to Airtel who seem more educated and composed. I've heard countless people say Reliance didn't pay them a refund. I'll stay faithful to Airtel for the time being.

dextermorgan

Regulars
May 12, 2014
Hyderabad
So chota bhai is fully bankrupt?. Voice services closing, DTH sold, broadband closing. What else is left ?.
Their tower business is still lucrative and profitable. Banks already formed a consortium to sell the assets. They'll sell tower busniess, deep seas fiber landing points, fixed assets and take a few thousand crores shaving. in the end, common man's tax get lost as losses.

socialize the losses, privatize the profits. Perfect capitalist economy we got going here