Reliance Broadband in your City

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 120
  • Views Views 73,663
Status
Not open for further replies.
City: TrivandrumPackage : Prepaid Combo PlanCost per Month : 333/-Positive Points : Online speed selectNegative Points : Despite being a spliterless ADSL connection, the link light never comes up. Hence there is no point in having this connection for regular usage. Bad wiring, wirings are open at some parts, shabby customer care, shabby phone line maintanence etc etc. General View : Went for this connection because i got free modem and phone from Reliance. The phone is quite useful for intracircle calls. The ADSL modem has been reconfigured to work with BSNL Dataone. Go for it only if u havent go any other ISPs in your vicinity.

City: BangalorePackage: 2Mbps/4GBCost per Month:Rs. 750/- + taxPositive Points: Good connection speed on average :yahoo:Negative Points: Sometimes couldn't get the dynamic IP for long times... CC is helpless, so u r at the mercy of the antenna getting appropriate signal from the nearest tower.😡 Moreover, with such great speed, the 4GB limit seems to less sometimes 😛General View: In the area I'm staying at, there is unfortunately not a single broadband service provider, even though its a pretty densely populated area! No BSNL, Airtel, Net over Cable network, nothing...:wall: So taking this Reliance Wimax was the ONLY option for me to get online at home...😗 But even though the service is not too reliable, overall I'm satisfied by the connection quality!🙂

City : HyderabadPackage: changed between night300kbps, 500 onlinespeedselect, 100kbps unlimited.+ landlinephone.Cost per month: 1000 plus.. I'll list negative points firstNegative ppoints: 1)Wiring is very bad.. Only phone will work most of the time. 2) every time I call Customer care, they say,"sir, our job is done, we forawrded your complaint ot technical section..(which has no technicians)" 3) same status at customer care for 3weeks.(Ihad to switch to sify temporarili,my previous ISP) 4) Finally a local technical guy comes, says minor problem near their box, and problem never repeats, .(he means never repeat this day), I lost my connection the next day.. 5) If we call the customer care, he will give us all the gyan about ipconfig, and turning on the modem. 6) Billing: No online CC payment. If i go to a reliance webworld express center, they will fell like any thing.. i dont know but it will take atleaast 20 mins to come out of their office.7) Definitely i missed something.. (i forgot now, Coz I took BSNL Broadband now, and i'm feeling like heaven..just contrast)Positive points:1) I had improved my communiction skills, i had to call CustCare daily,almost2) I had realized that, i shud never go by a brand name, but should check the facts first. Reliance taught me a great lesson.General View: I happy with BSNL, with 1.5 GB usage limit, and night free usage,i'm downloading almost 45GB a week. I suggest the present Reliance users to get a BSNL Connection,

city: Bangalore Package :unlimited cost per month :1200 positive points : speed is better and almost consistent. offer is 300kBps, downloads are mostly 25-35KBps negative points : inconsistancy in connection, poor technical support, lot of viruses and spyware General view : though the speed is good, can't depend on the connection as it fails for days until complaints are made. one can enjoy the connection only for a few days per month. also one is forced tosubscribe to their antivirus. refer to the following link for more details.

City: Kalyan (Mumbai)

Package: Flat Fee 300 kbps

Cost per Month: 999/-

Positive Points: satisfied with bandwidth providing, i mean the speed is the same as they have promise for and other great thing is that it is wireless.

Negative Points:
1.getting dynamic IP when u start internet may be sometime trouble it may extend upto for many hours. So there is lot of connection speed on one side but good download and upload speed on other side.
2.I've connected to this reliance wimax for past 2 months and i recevied the bill very late after lodging complains and during payments via cheque in drop box that is in reliance intercomm (reliance exchange) they says that they do not takes any cheques for the bill (even though the address was given by help liners) i paid there only after i forced them to call to their main branch.
3. I'm the player of Ragnarok Online (inRO). for this game to connect the map server it requires port 5000 but reliance has blocked all the ports between 4000~7000, so my vacation is getting toooo bored.
4. using VPN (Virtual Private Network) is not preferrable for sattelites and antenna users as speed is too poor using VPN like hamachi.

General View: Although i prefer any other cable broadband net than this but have to stick with this only because no cable nets are available in my area as i am living in joint family with my own private building so ISP dont prefer to attach any hub near our area and we all use Cell phones no BSNL L.L.So cant even get BSNL broadband.

For surfing and downloading and average knowledge about networking can go for this connection due to consistent connection problem. Its speed is really beyond my expectations. For the users want to work on ports between 4000~7000 and on VPN like hamachi this is not preferable.

City delhiPackage:2mbps data transfer 1gbCost per Month:rs 299Positive Points:very good speed,upload speed is also 2mbpsNegative Points:customer care is pathetic they know nothing General View:I have a wired connection not wimax and it has no ip problems and its speeds are better than mtnl

Can anyone tell me why RELIANCE BROADBAND is not working in Vijayawada Labbipet area ?

Reliance WimaxCity:BangalorePackage:Rs1000 unlimitedPositive Points:1)transferable92)Good speeds(45 kbps download: depends on the signal strength of your area) Negative Points:1) disconnects sometimes after 6-7 hours2) no online payment facility3) only one user can login at one time into the account

City: MumbaiPackage: 400 kbps UnlimitedCost per Month: Rs. 999/- + 12.36% service tax = Rs 1148 / monthHi there everyone. Reasons for me subscribing to reliance wimax....Cable guys have complete monopoly, they've stopped Sify, Hathway and others from providing net connections in our area. Only MTNL is allowed but has exorbitant rates for unlimited connections as well as takes a long waiting period to get the service (there was 8 months waiting period when i wanted a connection 5 months back. i was told that that i could get it in 2 weeks for rs 5000 extra, ha). Reliance Broadband(Wired) is not yet operating here. and the cable guys are providing laughable connections at more laughable rates with still more laughable connectivity.Though I was apprehensive about the speeds i wud get, this being antenna connected, I found Reliance Wimax extremely satisfying.Positive Points:1) Good Speed. the surfing speed is awesome. sites load in a jiffy. I was told that the download speed i would get would be 400/8=50Kbps (400 is my plan speed, see above). In the beginning, i got only around 30 kbps. on complaining, reliance engineers remotely configured the modem and now i get 45 kbps.2) Good Customer Support.3) Good Connectivity. There have been no problems with connecting until now. The only times that there were problems were when they were running Network Diagnostics and had shut down their servers. this happened 5-6 times in 5 months for 2-3 hours. max was 6 hrs one time from 12 to 6 at night. Only problem with this is you don't know there is a diagnostic running and server is down until you call customer support.4) Bills can be viewed as well as paid online through credit as well as debit cards.Negative Points:1) Download speed is not constant. It fluctuates from 35 kbps - 50 kbps.

@Ajay ...Is it KB/s or kb/s ?? bytes or bits ??If its in Bytes ...wht city r u in ?

city : Delhiconn name : reliance broadband 300 flat-freeconn type : wired broadband (with phone)conn details : 300 kbps(upload and dload both 300 kbps) 649/- per month unli. data transfer

City: KolkataPackage: 3 GB day + 10 GB nightCost per Month: Rs.1049 + taxPositive Points: sometimes it gives excellent speed at around 2 Mbps.."good times"Negative Points: no consistency. sometimes it goes down to 40 Kbps.it happens more than the "good times"General View: if u r on the move, it's more than average..but DSL is preferable for static desktops.

City : AhmedabadPackage : 150 Kbps unlimitedCost per month : Rs. 750 + taxesPositive : Gud service. Most of the tym i get speed around 145kbps to 180 kbps, Upload speed is 160kbps to 650 kbps. Very good technical supportNegative : 1. sometimes getting the dynamic Ip is to 2ugh.. it takes to much time

Status
Not open for further replies.