Reliance Blue Magic

• Thread starter Thread starter pondpaka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 23,901
heh. reliance owns flag. they would prefer to cater to businesses. customers are unlikely to get good deals. anil ambani is doomed. i have little hope from him.

I have better hopes for him than you!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT !!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

its nice to have optimist people here on board. people who have not dealth with the real world?

I agree with you. That said, I think if Blue magic comes in with an aggressive pricing strategy the way reliance always does, it will benefit the end user. And grow the DTH category.

they sure have the influence and the money power to get all the decent channels on their network...now the question is whether SP has good relations with DMK 😀

well majority of top half of india wudnt care if SP has gud relation with DMK.but yes i dont trust reliance at all. they say some price and then add a line "subject to trai approval" and then increase the price later when market is captured. infact most ppl i have met they all feel reliance (mobile) cheated them.

A friend of mine who tends to exaggerate 'a little' claims that he knows someone in Bombay who has been testing out Blue Magic for a year or more, and claims it's the sweetest thing ever with a lot of foreign programming etc.....

Interesting point - I had mentioned in another thread that I had visited the Reliance NNOC. You would normally expect them to preview their upcoming stuff there. But they only had a demo of the IPTV offering and not of Blue Magic.

Reliance Bluemagic imo still do not have transponder space allocated to them so there is no way it could be under testing for a year.

it wont come till 2008 for sure as right now no satellite has free transponder and next satellite wud be launched in i think sept.

Transponder availability is not an issue at all till service enters GA (general availability). After that most companies use Indian satellintes, not sure if that is due to cost or Govt rules.India is very well covered by international companies. Lots of companies from South East Asia and Middle East have excellent coverage over Indian Peninsula. Cities like Bombay, Delhi and Karanchi have too many consumers to be ignored...

Transponder availability is not an issue at all till service enters GA (general availability).
Do you mean commercial launch by that term ? You are right in saying that foreign satellites are available but they are very costly and i'm sure you need to get clearances from the government for using them which takes a lot of time.