Reliance Big TV to shutdown DTH Service?

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Anil Ambani's RCom to shut down DTH business on 18 Nov | TelevisionPost.com
Anil Ambani-led telecom operator Reliance Communications is shutting down its direct to home (DTH) business Reliance Digital TV with effect from 18 November due to the expiry of its DTH licence. The decision to shut down the DTH business comes following failed attempts to hive-off and sell it to a potential buyer.
The telecom major had also toyed with the idea of merging the DTH business with Sun Group’s Sun Direct however that move also came a cropper. In July, the debt-laden company had included the sale of its DTH business as part of its long-term plan to reduce debt. Reeling under Rs 45,000 crore debt, RCom had planned to cut down its debt by 60% by September and 80% by December.
“Reliance Digital TV informs its customers that due to the expiry of our licence we will be shutting down our DTH services across India wef 18 November. Customers are advised to make alternative arrangements to keep watching their favourite TV channels. We regret the inconvenience caused,” Reliance Big TV said in its notice.

No threads related to Big TV at IBF, so nobody should really care about this I guess 😀

Bugger didn't agreed to sell to sun dth few years back due to valuations issue. lol
iske to acheh din aagye be.

Reliance Communications to shut down DTH business - Livemint

Responding to an emailed query, Reliance Communications confirmed the development and said that the company is working with three other DTH players to migrate its customers. “DTH operations are a non-core area for RCom (Reliance Communications), and we are currently working with three leading DTH operators for seamless migration of our customers, for them to enjoy uninterrupted services. A new scheme without any additional costs will be communicated to our customers in the next few days,” a company spokesperson said.

Took the Tata Sky offer. Provided new SD box with brand new dish installation n all.
They stopped taking HD connection request for exchange when I gave order.
Not bad for old HD box lying unused. My old dish was not with me when changed house.

So kind of turned out good offer for as didn't have to pay any shifting charges and got rid of clunky dth provider with best one.
I mean interface, account details , free app viewing is totally unmatched by any other dth provider.

Best thing is minimum Rs.20 recharge. so watch tv in weekend in less than Rs.200 per month.