• Thread starter Thread starter chetansha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 9,556

chetansha

Regular
ISP
Airtel
For last couple of days stb was acting up, random freeze, sometime only audio was., no video ( but OSD was working).
Raised a complain, and next day local Engineer calls and says no hd stb in stock , please take sd stb., which i refused.
Spoke to shitty cc of big tv,.they too said can't do anything. Wrote to nodal officer, they too confirmed same, no hd stb please take sd stb + 3 months package as compensation. They flatly refused to refund the 6 months of unused portion of my package.
Today stb totally dead,.just red light is on, w t.f to do now?
Consumer court,?

^^^ well that's true. my hd dvr stopped working some months back and they were helpless. Finally they replaced with SD Box with some three month free viewing. After that i moved out to Airtel HD.

This is with reference to your e-mail dated February 12, 2015 for your Reliance Digital TV Smart Card number.............

As confirmed with the field team, currently the DVR Set Top Box is unavailable in stock and we do not have any estimated time when it will be made available.

Further, if you wish you may downgrade to SD Set Top Box along with which we will provide you with 6 months free subscription of the active base pack.

WTF do i do with SD STB.

Last edited:
plan to get videocon, but looks kinda expensive package + 150 for HD access ,. meh./

Update:/
Was feeling bored yesterday and opened up the stb..and was happy to see capacitors had bulged... Easy job, had the capacitors changed at my friends shop..all well now. Stb back in action.
Funny, i cant attach pics here. If any one wants to see pics, pm me.

Right. Just create an album on imgur and post the /a/ link here. Forum would embed it automatically.

Hmmmm..previous issues cropping up again..the video freezes and only audio is heard, upon changing channel, video is lost( onscreen display like reliance logo etc is there).
Have to reset the stb (press the red button on the remote till the green light on stb turns red) to get it working again.
Will take it back to "workshop" on monday.

Stb Repair did not work, so finally bit the bullet and bought d2h hd from ebay, new south platinum.hd pack - 12 months @ 5715/- after 25% discount.
My personal opinion, the hd channel not as good as big tv. But non hd channel better than big tv.

Well for 5715/- its surely good deal,.pity they did not give star world premier hd in this package