Reliance Big TV DTH Service Launch

• Thread starter Thread starter pondpaka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 424
  • Views Views 235,115
So guys, it is finalised now. Chiranjeevi is announcing formation of his party on August 14th, 2008. There was as much speculation on the date of his announcement as we have for BIG DTH launch. Now that Chiranjeevi has finalised his date, hopefully BIG too will finalise its launch date! 😛
chirangeevi may reconsider because of bad muhoortham [august] and also his party may not hit like upcoming bigtv😛

Are you all talking about that south super star Chiranjeevi? (The Gentleman fame?) - if so, what is a connection btw him and BIG? wats going on!!!

ok cool..... i thought he replaced abhi... but i think, his entire family is gone for next 3 yrs (after having that 1500 crore deal) - reliance will use them every moment and will piss them off (on and off tv). we have to bare them all for next few years!!! (both on tv and movies)

what the Hell/why mobilometer.com is posting on Big Tv Thread, Are you trying to get DreamBOx Key or what!

My friend, they havent upgraded their STB yet. Reminder facility is still not added. Movie channels are showing repeat movies all day, still need to add lot many tv channels and fm channels too, EPG - sometimes comes on and goes off - i think a long way to go!!!! And CC people will not give any info (as if may be even they dont have any idea)!!! So WAIT n WATCH - Whatever they do - my only concern is - hopefully they keep their channel package plans lower than others!!! Tata Sky is a big time cheater - family pack 200 Rs. and then offer other interesting channels as add-ons and so as if you buy add-ons - it will take you to 250 to 280 again!!! Its all same... I hope reliance try to keep prices lower (i know they are also here to make money).

as per the CC they don't have any idea about Launch and channel information. as told my friend (a PCO operator, who is using Big TV from last 3 months) some BigTV technical person was come to his home for a survay about the quality and experience of the Big TV (that means it is still in testing period) and he have no idea about launching date, as per him it will hopfully within 1-2 months. at the end i am planning to buy a Big TV through PCO offer and the sales person asking me to pay Rs.2500/- for voucher.

as per the CC they don't have any idea about Launch and channel information. as told my friend (a PCO operator, who is using Big TV from last 3 months) some BigTV technical person was come to his home for a survay about the quality and experience of the Big TV (that means it is still in testing period) and he have no idea about launching date, as per him it will hopfully within 1-2 months. at the end i am planning to buy a Big TV through PCO offer and the sales person asking me to pay Rs.2500/- for voucher.

You may try to bargain coz i got it at Rs. 2100

This is becuase of the demand for this voucher is very high in Delhi, lot of peoples already installed the connection and satisfied with the service. i have already purchased one voucher for Rs.2500/- and registered with the BigTV. waiting for connection.

I have got some new info (new to me) from a DTH dealer in Chennai where I went to fix my Dishtv-STB which was not responding to Remote-commands. The info is as below.1. Reliance Launch would take atleast two more months because of software issues on STB2. They are planning to provide the highest package for Rs 150/month for a package deal (i.e. Buy an LCD TV, even mentioned the make as Thomson)....this includes all possible channels. ???3. No just STB/VC/Dish (i.e without LCD TV) like other DTH offers----> I doubt if TRAI allows this kind of deals. I am not sure how much of the above info is authentic. But it is certainly the above is some info to chew on in the meantime for our forum members