Reliance Big TV DTH HD DVR - First Impressions

• Thread starter Thread starter gilpa123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 52
  • Views Views 38,270
I spoke to a CS rep asking for what is the money back policy. He says that he can send a technician to repair it. I dont know how to explain him that the problem I am talking about is not something a technician can come home and fix. He blandly said that they do not provide any guarantee or any satisfaction guarantee. India need to have much better customer protection on these kind of devices where you are struck and locked in to a service without any hope of getting your money's worth. But, people never care here, those who have money feel that they will just buy another and rest of the people think "chalta hai".- Sanjath

Very true. People here have just "chalta hain" attitude.More over, instead of "doing" something, people now a days just "TALK" on such forums! (Same India, Same People) - People Aaj Kal (same trend, whether kal or aaj)

Can somebody (preferably HD DVR Users) confirm if you are geting Star Plus HD... Is it upscaled??Its reflecting in SD STB.Would like to get recent review, if they got rid of glitches.

Well its just a upscaled version only and all HD channels are still 2.1 and not 5.1, very disapointing where as Sun HD even with a half broken sat is giving 3 HD channels all in full HD and 5.1 sound. Shame on big tv.. wait shame on us for buying this crap.

Can somebody (preferably HD DVR Users) confirm if you are geting Star Plus HD... Is it upscaled??
Its reflecting in SD STB.

Would like to get recent review, if they got rid of glitches.

Star plus hd ts not HD actually just to match the HD screen it is upscaled.

so does big tv transmit hd channels with with 5.1 audio ????? or is it a normal stereo???im a big tv customer. i wanna move into a hd service which has 5.1 output. so im very confused now . somebody pls help me coz movies now hd channel is goin to be txed in 5.1 surround sound.

Was just checking the thread to think whether to go for Big HD. Got a clear answer, never to think about Big HD 🙂

ItsMe....Why bro??As i had said, if you can deal with its CC, the Product is otherwise superb......or is it that you too got a shocker like me??

Yep, you have to get confused!! Coz on 1 side you get greedy about the Product's features, and on the other hand, the notoriety of their CC stops you from moving ahead!!I was in a similar dilemma about 1-2 months back!!

Dear Gilpa123,

To enjoy Dolby Digital Sound (5.1), you will need a home theatre to get 5 different audio channels which are played out on 5 different speakers even if STB decodes dolby, no TV today have the facility to play 5 different audio channels. Most of the TVs including HD TVs have stereo support only.

Reliance HD DVR STB has dolby parse through capability. You need to connect SPDIF output to your home theatre system to enjoy dolby digital sound.

Regards
Reliance BIG TV DTH Team

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Dear Customer,

Request you to please share the issue in detail so that we can help you to resolve the same as soon as possible.

regards
RELIANCE BIG TV DTH Team

RDTV compatible with LNB type = Universal?

----------

If yes how can RDTV user cross check?

Bascially its about HD Channels. At Present HD Channels are Ad free except Movies Now HD.