• Thread starter Thread starter rohit338
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 3,571
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Hathway 4 mbps AND sitibroadband 50 mbps
I just got reliance broadband connection installed this monday.
PLAN:- thunder 699(ADSL)
And from day one my upload speed is slow, vary in between 170-250 kbps(kilobits)
here's my modem status
Downstream Upstream SNR Margin:3.8 4.5 db Line Attenuation:19.6 16.0 db Data Rate:4095 229 kbps Max Rate:5268 272 kbps POWER:19.3 12.0 dbm CRC:7 0
So, what could be the reason for slow upstream data rate.Am i being synchronised at wrong upstream data rate OR there is some issue with my line.Yesturday i called the lineman he said line quality is acceptable and this issue maybe from backend.
Max upstream data rate i have seen so far is 312 kbps that too only once.

atleast u r getting that much ...others wont get even these also....the thing is u r getting decent download speeds which is most important in my case...it is what u pay for...

Ya but for me upstream is also important as i do alot of skype video calls.as per the reviews posted over here people are getting close to 700 kbps upload speed.

high percent of what people do on the internet involves browsing, watching videos, downloading files and some other use uploads when attaching files to your email or uploading videos in youtube
and in online gaming requires constantly two-way communication to update your computer ,In those cases you need upload speed...and other thing to consider that its depend on location or area wise ,,one of my friends getting around 2mbps upload and other got around what u get...its not like a major concerned for u i think u can even do skype calls at a pretty decent quality with no problems..even we see generally why people having more download than upload is most Internet users retrieve data from the Internet not transmit data and files to the Internet. If you are a user who uploads large files or other information over the Internet, you required faster upload speeds...in my liking

rohit27590 said:
SNR Margin:
3.8 4.5 db Line Attenuation:19.6 16.0 db Data Rate:4095 229 kbps Max Rate:5268 272 kbps
So, what could be the reason for slow upstream data rate.
Poor line stats. Get you line fixed. That should increase the upstream data rate resulting in increased upload speed.

ya line stats are poor but lineman is not ready to listen anything because according to him, i am getting appropriate download speed for what i am paying.and more over he said if you are not satisfied with reliance you can move to some other isp .
hmmm so nothing much can be done regarding slow upstream.

rohit27590 said:
finally problem rectified
now getting proper speed
https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3335257310
Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin

:
22.8 6.5 db

Line Attenuation

:
11.3 4.8 db

Data Rate

:
12288 861 kbps

Max Rate

:
25488 940 kbps

POWER

:
20.3 6.4 dbm

CRC

:
0 0
How your problem got rectified?I am on 699 plan and I'am having same issue, I get very good download speed but pathertic upload speeds.

I called the CC but they told me to wait because they say that problem is with the server & that they can't help me.

buddy i directly contacted my area reliance local technician and he replaced the damaged wire.customer care is useless.its better to directly talk to local technician.

Status
Not open for further replies.