Reliance 649 combo vs Airtel 699 combo - urgent help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Tata
HI,I am presently using Tata 128 Kbps postpaid near magarpatta city, hadapsar, pune but want to shift to either airtel or reliance due to need of higher bandwidth at lower price.With Tata I get the following1] Live IP (static IP)2] 15-16 Kbps download speed3] I am not sure about Fair usage policy applicable to my plan4] Wired router5] No ports blocked (as far as I know)I pay Rs. 700 + taxes / month for thisI have seen 2 plans which seem interesting, 1 from reliance and 1 from airtelReliance - 300Kbps combo plan which is "Plan 649 combo" and also gives me local calls worth Rs. 150/month (This is from flyer dropped at my house and also at Reliance website)The total I pay for this is Rs. 649 + taxes / month and installation charges of Rs. 500Airtel - 256 Kpbs combo plan which gives me unlimited transfer during night and 3GB during day with around 100 Rs. of local landline calls (This is only from flyer dropped at my place. I don't see any such plan on Airtel website)The total I pay for this is Rs. 699 + taxes / month and installation charges of Rs. 500Rs. 1000 extra if I want a Wifi router from themMy questions are;1] Which one is better in service, download speed, uptime, customer service response...in short all aspects2] any fair usage policy applies to any of the plans3] How much download speed will I get with each plan4] will I get a static IP od a dynamic one5] Will it be live IP of private IP6] Can I configure my own wireless router with any of the above connections, be it statis, dynamic, live or private IP7] Are any ports blocked by reliance and airtel.8] Time taken for installation from the day I make payment of Rs. 500Please help as I need to get going with some plan asap.I don't think BSNL can fit my budget.Thanks in advance.Regards,Rahul

My questions are;
1] Which one is better in service, download speed, uptime, customer service response...in short all aspects
2] any fair usage policy applies to any of the plans
3] How much download speed will I get with each plan
4] will I get a static IP od a dynamic one
5] Will it be live IP of private IP
6] Can I configure my own wireless router with any of the above connections, be it statis, dynamic, live or private IP
7] Are any ports blocked by reliance and airtel.
8] Time taken for installation from the day I make payment of Rs. 500

If you are thinking about Reliance's wired line then go for that. Don't go for WiMax.
Answers:
1] Reliance has always uptime but after every 6 hrs. you get logged out.
2] As far as I know Reliance does not have any Fair Usage Policy.
3] Download speed will be according to your plan i.e.300 kbps =37.5KB/s
4] Dynamic IP.
5] I don't know what is live IP and private IP so I can't tell.
6] Don't know.
7] As far as I know Reliance didn't blocked any ports yet.
8] Within 7 days for Reliance. (I got within 23 hrs. You may also get before 7 days if you are lucky one.)

I suggest you to wait for replies of Airtel Broadband.

6] Can I configure my own wireless router with any of the above connections, be it statis, dynamic, live or private IP

Reliance has occasional issues with wifi - read more on the topic on the forum and decide if that is acceptable for your usage.

Final question (Priyan still pending to get back to me about my area feasibility).If there a logon process for Reliance broadband? If yes, does it auto logoff's? After how much time?If i keep something to be downloaded, will it log of in middle just because my PC is locked?Regards,Rahul

Final question (Priyan still pending to get back to me about my area feasibility).

If there a logon process for Reliance broadband?
If yes, does it auto logoff's?
After how much time?
If i keep something to be downloaded, will it log of in middle just because my PC is locked?

Regards,
Rahul

Yes, you need to login through reliance website.

It logs you off, if u leave ur computer running without any activity.

Normally its 6 hours. (It depends), once I was able to use the Internet without getting logg off for 24 hours.

I have reliance Rs.649connection.download speed getting with private torrents 37kB/s.(sometimes getting 45kB/s also).We need login sometimes.not a 6 hour intervel.good thing is suppose they will auotomatically log out after the period,but doesn't affect our torrent or direct downloading.If we open internet explorer they will ask again login.that's all.

What do you mean by doesnt effect the torrents or direct downloading?The downloading would be stopped once it loggs you off.

I mean every day Morning I checked my torrent downloading status.No problem with it.it's downloading.But am open the internet explorer then ask login id.

Wierd, If you are not logged in you cant download/upload anything.

existing downloads stops if you get logged out But i am lucky as i get auto logged off in 24 hrs always and not in 6 hrs once i was able to stay connected for 34 hrs

I guess its right, even if u get logged off your current downloads keep on going and only web interface asks for a username and password for use.If this is the case, I am ok with reliance and go with it.Regards,Rahul

Status
Not open for further replies.