Reliance 12 Mbps Plan,My experience

• Thread starter Thread starter rdee
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 14,746
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill tell you i dont think reliance purposely reduces the speed ever .. When I was their customer the only time drop in speed and connectvity would be there when there was a packet loss problem .. so ping your gateway and see if you are facing packet loss. If yes then they will have to send the techie and rectify this problem ....

Use this site for speedtest Speakeasy Speed Test ...reliance technicians always use this to check the speed.

I asked u whether you were on metro ethernet or not in my earlier post.

I've heard that some built in ethernet ports in old Motherboard doesnt support fast speeds..not sure..anyone to clarify it?

Hey guys?Is there anything i can do?
Regards

The 3 scenarios that I can imagine happening are:
1. Your computer is so chock full of malware that whenever you connect to the net it starts sending out huge amounts of data, affecting your traffic flow (but with a relatively significant difference between the Reliance speedtest and the Ookla speedtest, I'm hoping that this isn't the case)
2. Something is wrong in the network - somewhere - be it some faulty wiring or a switch, or overloading - or worse, a crap design (being at the end of a daisy-chain of switches will make your speeds suck).
3. They have, for some STUPID REASON, set your Ethernet card's settings to 10Mbit/s half-duplex which will make it slow as a wet week ("to make the connection more stable"... I've had cable operators try this on some customers, and I just about want to punch them in the face for giving me such crap information... of course, these are the same guys who set the Windows Vista/7 Network properties to accept the Internet as part of a "home" network, in other words, pretty much disabling the firewall and inviting malware to saturate computers & networks as per #1).

Either way, if their own speed tests (hosted on Reliance network, that is) is not even showing speeds of 50% of your plan speed, then they are failing in their obligation to follow the rules set out under the terms of their license - and that you're getting barely 20% of your plan speed to the rest of the Internet (by which I mean your nearest speedtest.net server) is downright ridiculous.

Demand they cancel your service and give you a complete refund.

Use this site for speedtest Speakeasy Speed Test ...reliance technicians always use this to check the speed.

I asked u whether you were on metro ethernet or not in my earlier post.

I've heard that some built in ethernet ports in old Motherboard doesnt support fast speeds..not sure..anyone to clarify it?

Why would they use Speakeasy? They'll never get full speeds on that, it's hosted in the US.

His OP suggests he is on Metro Ethernet.

Motherboards with built in Ethernet should be easily capable of near enough to 100mbit/s - I've not seen a 10mbit/s NIC in a VERY long time, and even then it was a plug-in card... in to an ISA slot (not even PCI!)... and it may also have been 10Base2 (so, using Co-Ax cable, not even UTP... or maybe it had both, I don't remember)...

one stupid thing about these people who work at these companies is that most of them have no knowledge of how internet works , they only know how to configure modems or answer normal questions like how much is speed and how much u get etc.i think the person whom u are argueing is taking about megabytes and u are talking about megbits.8 x megbit = one mega byte.So 12 mbps = 12 megabits per second = 12/8 megabyte per second = ~1.3-1.5 megabyte per second in real world download speeds. Which means 100 MB file takes less than 70 seconds to download and in Youtube 360p Video takes around 20-25 seconds to buffer completely ( ~ 5-minute video).Tell him that download speed must be in megabytes around 1.3 to 1.5.(DOWNLOAD SPEED) or atleast tell him its 12 mbps is for megabits.Finally , U can lodge complain using ur account via reliance home page from your account.I also ask u once to check ur plan in ur account details.if u opt for 12 mbps plan there is new plan in some areas =12 mbps upto 25 gb and beyond that 1 mbps unlimitedRs : 999 /- per month(Not fake , Its Reliance advanced plan available in limited locations)Its available in some areas and working very good at my cousin's house but he gets only 7 mbps upto 25 gb , rest 1 mbps is good.Unfortunately its not available in my area 🙁(

Here is my speed of 12 mbps plan..
mine is metro Ethernet connection...
nd the speeds are freaking awesome... 🙂

Here is my speed of 12 mbps plan..
mine is metro Ethernet connection...
nd the speeds are freaking awesome...
Could u download a large file continuously for 5 hrs and tell us the consistency of the speed??? LOL:dance:

Could u download a large file continuously for 5 hrs and tell us the consistency of the speed??? LOL:dance:

Does he have that much of FUP download quota to download continuously for 5 hours at that speed?

🤔Does he have that much of FUP download quota to download continuously for 5 hours at that speed?

Thats a very basic but very important question dada.

YES the speed is consistent.. 🙂

24 days since the first complaint was raised and atleast 10 different complaints raised, still no resolution.not a single visit by technicianHats off to the Reliance customer care.

24 days since the first complaint was raised and atleast 10 different complaints raised, still no resolution.
not a single visit by technician
Hats off to the Reliance customer care.

Tell them you are disconnecting and see how they coming running to resolve your problem ... Reliance customer care sux !!!

I suggest you to change ur plan to Night zoom 999(also mention CC the reason for ur immediate plan migration) for time being and check the reliability of the connection. Then after a week try to switch back on to Freedom 999. Let us know the status after that.

24 days since the first complaint was raised and atleast 10 different complaints raised, still no resolution.
not a single visit by technician
Hats off to the Reliance customer care.
I suggest u to do what i've said in my earlier post

Been 5 days since I called up their customer care to give me a new connection and I still haven't heard from them despite sending a follow up email. The customer care guy told me that wireline is available in my area. So I can only presume they are just not interested enough in giving out new connections! Ridiculously strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.