Reliable wired broadband in Patna

• Thread starter Thread starter Prishur
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,460
ISP
Airtel
Hi everyone,
I am looking for an internet connection in Patna. So far I am using Airtel 3G by tethering from my phone onto the computer. The speeds are decent (2-3 Mbps) but this isn't really viable because of the data limits. I have also tried BSNL evdo unlimited plan but the speeds are erratic and not up to the mark.

I need to have a decent reliable connection for my work (atleast 1 or 2 Mbps) without any outages and without any FUP. In particular i need to be able to watch 480p videos of online courses seamlessly. Ocassionaly i also need to download 1-10 GB of data for my academic work. So FUP, if it exists needs to have a high cap. BSNL broadband is not an option for me as i don't have a landline connection, and don't have the patience to get one. I am looking for any other wired service provider but the options are very limited in my city.
If any of you or someone you know has had a positive experience with any other ISP in Patna, please let me know.

dsl connections need telephone lines. it's up to you if you are going to use the telephone or not. airtel/bsnl/reliance/tata all would give you a telephone line for their internet services. the exceptional cases are fiber broadband which are not widely available in india.

if you have the option to get a reliance connection, apply for a thunder plan and keep airtel 3g for backup. if reliance is not there, get bsnl (airtel would be better and more reliable but more expensive).

Hi chromaniac,
thanks for the reply. The problem is that neither Airtel nor Reliance provide dsl connections in my area. BSNL does provide a decent option, but again the application process is time consuming and there are frequent outages as well.
So the only options are any of the local ISPs that can provide DSL or fiber connections. Some of the names are Dreamnet, Siti broadband, World Phone etc. I don't know much about any of these. Would be glad if any of the members can share if they've had any positive experience in having a stable connection with any of the above.