• Thread starter Thread starter katpasin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,223

katpasin

Rookie
ISP
Reliance Broaband
Hey guys... i am planning to shift to bsnl dataone.. but since thr is a shortage of bsnl supplied modems.. wanna get 1 from market.. wanted to know the options i have in indian market.. i wuld need juz a lan port on the modem.. but priority would be for the modem to be stable ..and minimum connection drops. and budget upto rs3000was thinking of the glb-502T but checked out this forum and it luks as if D-Link glb-502t is glitched..

advice nebody??

A Linksys modem should be stable and should be available at your place . Enquire in the local market for the models ...

QUOTE(katpasin @ Jan 2 2007, 11:03 PM) [snapback]72913[/snapback]
thnx for replying dude!!
I hav heard Netgear to be more stable thn Linksys??

was checking out the netgear DG834G wireless router.. will it hav ne problems wit bsnl? and wats its price?[/b]

netgear DG834G wireless router is an excellent choice..it is very good and its support page is awsome..try browsing their site to get the relevant info..

bsnl modems have the problem of heating up..

good luck maan 😀

@ katpasin since you require just a LAN port modem ,
there is need to buy expensive router . Netgear could be
more stable but it is very expensive in India . However if
Netgear is your choice then I suggest DG632 .

And a UTStar300R can be a simple & stable modem !!!

Btw is there any modem which charge itself up for atleast few seconds? not rely entirely on power charges....i need it cause ..i have problem with power cuts....Although i have a power battery it doesnt stop net disconnecting when power goes off...i hate it when the net disconnects each time power goes off..esp when i download from non-resume servers like link-removed.

Mine 'Emerge UPS 500' is bit different don't have anything like that...what you mean by small UPS sushubh? how much will it cost? 😀

well a regular UPS costs like 1200-1400 bucks. u can get one which is used by cordless telephones. should be pretty cheap. though, most UPS have enough slot to accomodate a modem. u can use ur existing UPS...... what city are u in? i cant imagine living without an invertor. 😕

I do have inventor .....but it doesn't pick up power quickly so it disconnects whenever power goes off.

ooh. so it has to connect the connection all over again? ur pc does not have a UPS? u can connect ur monitor to the inverter and the modem to that socket.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Jan 3 2007, 07:26 PM) [snapback]73083[/snapback]
ooh. so it has to connect the connection all over again?

ur pc does not have a UPS? u can connect ur monitor to the inverter and the modem to that socket.[/b]

ya have to reconnect all over again....my ups only connects to monitor and cabinet ...but a separate power switch for modem adapter.