Reliable broadband providers near Ambattur, Chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter bigblah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 8,500
ISP
airtel
Hello,
My parents have recently shifted from Anna nagar to Ambattur in Chennai. They earlier had a BSNL broadband connection. However, BSNL claims to have no feasibility for new connections in the area. Does anyone know of any reliable ISP provider in this area ?

That's weird. BSNL should be available everywhere in Chennai. Try Airtel.
AFAIK, Airtel and BSNL are the only reliable options even in Anna Nagar. I've seen advertisements for Tikona, Reliance in Anna Nagar but I don't think they are reliable. Airtel should be available in most parts of Ambattur.

Oh BSNL is available to the areas nearby but claim that they can't provide new connections at this point in time. Airtel keeps taking calls and providing reference numbers but hasn't bothered to update as to whether they can provide a connection. If this is the situation in a metro, one wonders how bad it is in other places 🙂

I'm facing exactly the same thing. I too am a resident of Ambattur.
I'm told even if the connection is given we won't get the promised speed and the speed will be dead slow by an Airtel engineer.
I too wonder if it is the state of a metro city what happens to the rest of the state.

Last edited by a moderator: