• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 8,187
Status
Not open for further replies.

mehta_rush

ISP
Reliance Netconnect Broadband+
Hello,Is it possible to use my (ZTE) Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ USB modem to access the internet, and connect my Beetel 450BX1 ADSL2 + Router on the same PC to turn it into a WiFi hotspot? Both Reliance and Airtel denied this, the first pushing me to buy their own WiFi router, and the latter pushing me to retake their DSL connection.Please advise. I have found nothing on the net except something on "port forwarding" which I do not understand.Regards,R

.Reliance Net connect USB modem connects you to the Reliance network only.
You cannot use other laptops in wifi mode.
However You can use other laptops/cellphones in wifi mode. Search for Edimax. wifi router/s.
http://www.edimax.com/en/produce_detail.php?pd_id=312&pl1_id=3&pl2_id=18
You may buy Edimax 3G router for Tata photon+/Reliance BR+/MTNL/BSNL Evdo and MTS Mblaze datacard internet sharing, company has local/global market presence and leader in wireless technology. Edimax 3G router are best in class and performance and also offering 3yrs warranty on entire range of product.

You can also write a mail to support_india@edimax.com.tw for more details on product.

With (3) above a laptop running Windows 7 and using an application called "Connectify"
will work as a wifi Access point.
5. Generally two wifi router/s cannot communicated in wifi mode, unless the model is WDM enabled.
To use cellphone in wifi mode with itnernet
which specially accept usb (BB) modem/s
4.An adsl BB connection can be connected to your 450BXi and
any number of laptops IN RANGEconditions apply !
can be connected in wifi mode.

Yes I am trying to connect my reliance USB modem (huawie) to Asus RT-N13U Rev B 1router. Will keep updated/

Status
Not open for further replies.