Regrading 849NU plan

• Thread starter Thread starter briono_rulz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 2,177

briono_rulz

ISP
MTNL
Hi Friends, I am currently using the 580 NU plan. I download a lot using torrents but only get a speed of about 25kbps. If I change my plan to 849 NU will the speed of my connection increase? Will the speed increase when I am downloading torrents?I called up MTNL, they are useless. A lady at MTNL said " why do u wanna change your plan? U are saving money now.." She also added that the speed of my connection will not change...Would appreciate any suggestions/advice....

The connection speed will change from 25KBps to 220KBps, if u download a 700MB movie now in 8 hours in torrent, the very same movie will take 1 hour in 849NU plan...go for it, its really worth...they will increase ur speed to 2mbps..and yes!! torrent speeds will also increase if u try port forwarding.🙂

Okay...U can get 220KBps, just follow a few steps..1) Call the customer care(1504) and register a complaint saying that u r just getting 256 kbps instead of 2 mbps.Customer care will give u a complaint number, note that number down.2)Wait for 2 days and see if they upgrade ur speed, if they dont(most likey they wont) then mail the GM of your area.u can find the Gm's Email ID in Mtnl website...in mail you should clearly mention your phone number, you present plan, complaint number and your problem of less speeds.Hope this will help,Best of luck

a friend of mine is has 849nu plan and its worth it ...he downloads around 6gb in 8hrs

dunno about 6GB but u can download about 4 GB easily

i can say that i finish a DVD a day(so about 5 GB a day on average) in 849 Nu plan and my collection has gone to more than 300 DVDs 😉

I totally agree the extra speed is so worth it and not only for downloading but also for these slow sites that take up a lot of bandwidthgo for it dude...but just make sure ur speed gets updated as well not just your plan!:S

speeds usually do get updated when u mail GM or ring GM's secretory..nothing to worry, go ahead with NU plan..u wont regret

Thnx friends, I have gone for the 849 NU plan. I got a call from MTNL that the plan has changed as of today..lets see if the speed also increases..(It hasnt increased yet) :S

yes wait till 2marrow, if they dont increase then bombard them will ur complaint calls and keep the complaint number...will come in handy when u mail GM.anyways nice move by u too chose 849NU:cool2:

check the mtnl website if your plan has been changed, dont trust those buggers, they can say anything. 😛