Registered 10 Complaints, Explained The Story 20 Times, But Dataone Doesnt Work.

• Thread starter Thread starter rkvs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 2,578

rkvs

Dear forum members,I live in Jayanagar, Bangalore. My DataOne stopped working 15 days back. I use Huwaei-MT882 modem. When I power on the modem, the "ADSL Link" LED flashes in Orange and never becomes steady.So far I have called up the customer support, technical support, server maintenance team, outdoor support team etc many times. Whenever I call a BSNL-DataOne guy (who belons to one of the teams mentioned above), they make me change the settings (different IP addresses, DNS IP addresses etc.). After doing all that, they discover that Dataone connection still doesnt work and they give a different phone number to contact.Now, many phone numbers can be seen on almost all the bits of papers around my computer. NONE OF THEM SEEM TO BE TOLL-FREE NUMBERS, but, I'm not sure ! (maybe a good business tactic?).The reason they give is that a support executive tried to contact me many days back, but i was not at home. So the logic seems to be: The support exec. will try to contact you ONLY ONCE during the working day when you are busy, and if you are not available, they will never turn up again ! I had given my cell phone number too for contacting me.Here are some of the funny advices given by the responsible(?) executives:1. Please connect your modem and telephone first !2. Your user name has been changed and you should contact 'some one else' ---> My user id was actually not changed.3. Your telephone connection doesnt exist at all. ---> I was actually calling from the telephone that was used for Dataone.4. The accounts department in BSNL is responsible for this. ---> I'm really not sure of the relationship between the accounts department and internet not working. What is accounts dept. of DataOne doing at the moment?.... and many more.One thing I found out was that BSNL and DataOne dont feel that they are employees of the same company (I think they are!). DataOne keeps blaming BSNL for any problems.So, dear forum members, can anyone give SOLUTIONS/advices to guys like me, who are unable to spend many hours on a working day chasing these guys, but have lots of free time during the weekend during which the service providers are usually lethargic.- rkvs.:-(

^ complain to the BSNL CMD thru FAX No +91-11-23372444

just complain in written n keep a copy of da complain letter wid u. then they will have to solve your problem...

Dear forum members,Today, one technical support executive told me that my user name does not exist in the database.I will try sending FAX and a written complaint tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.Regards,rkvs.

QUOTE(rkvs @ Nov 13 2006, 06:23 PM) [snapback]68623[/snapback]
Dear forum members,

Today, one technical support executive told me that my user name does not exist in the database.

I will try sending FAX and a written complaint tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.

Regards,
rkvs.
[/b]

Dear Rkvs,
What is the final outcome? Did It help? I am stuck in the same kind of situation now.

~Saibalka