Regarding vodafone 3g

• Thread starter Thread starter flash365
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,181
Im currently using vodafone 2g (mumbai circle) (prepaid) and i am thinking to convert into 3g. But i have some questions:1. Do I need to change the sim? I am a bit doubful as my sim is 4 years old.2. Right now I am using Rs.199 2GB internet pack (2G network). Will it get deactivated automatically when 3g will get activated?3. Is it possible to use 2g data packs on 3g sim?

1. I am not sure. Check with Local store. When I started using 3G, I didnt change my SIM and used SIM which was 2 years old.
2. Yes, if you activate 3G (and didnt activate 2G pack) then 2G pack would get deactivated. But check if your 2G pack is not auto-renewal, or else both packs may remain active and you would be paying twice.
3. Yes, you can use 2G or 3G packs on any sim, provided that your operator has both these packs 🙂

You don't need to change the sim, and you can use any service 2g or 3g depends on the recharge/plan you paid for...

Already clarified, but anyway.
flash365 said:
1. Do I need to change the sim?
No. You can use your existing SIM.
flash365 said:
2. Right now I am using Rs.199 2GB internet pack (2G network). Will it get deactivated automatically when 3g will get activated?
Yes, it will automatically be de-activated (if not on Auto-renewal). If on auto renewal, then I do not know.
flash365 said:
3. Is it possible to use 2g data packs on 3g sim?
Yes.