Regarding P2P

gauravtyagi

[OP]
Regulars
Jan 25, 2005
Guys i would like to know if is Sify blocking any p2p apps?...I am unable to use most p2p apps like e-mule....with e-mule i get a high id but cant connect to KAD network......With dc++ i get Connection Timeouts...(This prob started today morning)Torrents dont work at all.......So is this problem prevalent for the rest of india???Dooes Sify has a policy aganist p2p networks??If i want these P2P apps to work what ports should i ask sify to open?Neo if You are reading this...Since you stay in my area could u tell me that if u r facing the same problems too...since dc++ stopped working this morning...Please tell me if u r facing the same probs too..

gauravtyagi

[OP]
Regulars
Jan 25, 2005
I also chatted with a sify cust care executive and he @$$ured me that they have no policy aganist p2p apps .....I have attached a transcript of the chat with sify eecutive....If they dont have apolicy aganist p2p then why our apps fail to work??

ajay

Regulars
Mar 8, 2005
ha ha they always behave like that stupid answers & every time on chat they don't respond you for a long time by the way gaurav please let me know if they open ports for you i have also the same problem

frustrated

Regulars
Nov 24, 2004
join the gang :Dive visited the sify office thrice , metup with their tech teams as well as the cust care , till now , they have sent a few enggs at our places , but refuse to accept the blocking of apps :Dif ure in mumbai ... join us next time we visit the office. Its only when many users can get together ..something will be done.

NeO

Regulars
Regulars
Dec 7, 2004
see dude if u ask me every p2p application u pointed works fine for me.I dont think they are blocking anything.About DC++ obviously if the hub is busy u will get timedout Thou i am not having prob will tht too.Speaking abt torrents connection and speed will mainly depend upon tracker,seeds.

ogtripleog

Regular
Regulars
Sep 11, 2004
well.. all the above apps don't work for me.. my guess is that they are not being blocked by sify but by the cto

uthfull

Uthfull.org
Regulars
Mar 1, 2005
U r absolutely right Bhinder.... these are blocked by the stupid CTO's.Its also sometimes due to the firewalls installed by the CTO's.Try and run DC ++ in p@$$ive mode... it works 4 me!! Kazaa... whenever I click on supernodes (i dont know what they are but...) it starts workin. I got kazaa lite. Limewire works fine sometimes, emule I dont use.

anand

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 25, 2004
Originally posted by frustrated@Mar 29 2005, 08:17 PM
join the gang :D

ive visited the sify office thrice , metup with their tech teams as well as the cust care , till now , they have sent a few enggs at our places , but refuse to accept the blocking of apps :D
[snapback]7239[/snapback]
[/quote]

They probably just block ports, more than they need to. Anyway there are always ways to change the ports used.

ogtripleog

Regular
Regulars
Sep 11, 2004
i did try running dc++ in p@$$ive mode and it started working fine for me.. but not anymore. :( what i've found is that i can connexct to hubs which use a certain port and i can download just fine but i can't connect to most. :( clear case of port blocking wouldn't you say?

uthfull

Uthfull.org
Regulars
Mar 1, 2005
in that case it is........... my CTO has blocked all ports but doesnt kno nethin bout em.... I asked him to open sum n he din know how to though he admits he has a firewall installed. I don wanna fight wit him cuz he is quite efficient.