regarding night unlimited plan

• Thread starter Thread starter james77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,576

james77

ISP
mtnl
2. Night Unlimited (DSL_TRIB_59NU and DSL_NU_849) customers must switch OFF/ON ADSL Modem at 00 Hrs to start Night FREE session, and again at 08 Hrs to end Night FREE session

does switch off/on is equivalent to disconnecting and reconnecting the router ?

Also suppose I disconnect the router at 7 am and again reconnect it at say 7:30 am and disconnect at 9 am

Then will the usage be counted from 7:30 to 9 am
OR the whole night session usage from 12 to 7 am + 7:30 to 9 am will be counted

Please comment 😕
Thanks in advance 🙂

does switch off/on is equivalent to disconnecting and reconnecting the router ?
depends upon what you mean by disconnecting and reconnecting...if you mean power supply then YES... but if you mean the connection between your comp and router then NO

Also suppose I disconnect the router at 7 am and again reconnect it at say 7:30 am and disconnect at 9 am

Then will the usage be counted from 7:30 to 9 am
OR the whole night session usage from 12 to 7 am + 7:30 to 9 am will be counted

only from 7.30 to 9 will be counted.....
🙂

Thanks kingpin and motorazor143 🙂 Also I just wanted to confirm ,that if u change ur tariff plan then the new plan gets activated from the next month , right OR do they activate it from the ongoing month itself

from 1st of next month provided that u changed the plan via Sanchar hut, doing it via Customer care is like sending a arrow in the dark, it never hits the target.:rofl:

however as a word of caution make sure you check the registeration page as to wether the correct plan has been updated or not.....Also prepare a list of downloads if you are switching from NU plan.....people who switch from NU to UL do still get 2mbps speeds for sometime :thumbsup::thumbsup:

@Kingpintoday i went to Sanchar hut from changing my BB plan from NU to Combo 899, to my surprise the lady who handles this is on leave till monday and someone there advised me to change the plan online.😗i have ringed the Dumb asses customer guys some time back and they said my plan will be changed and gave me a booking number, dunno weather my plan will change..:huh:I was wondering why didnt MTNL arrange a :wall:temporarily solution to that lady in broadband dept....this is ridiculous

good that you have a booking number..... did they give any time frame as to by when they 'll be changing your plan??? if they dont act fast just mail that booking number and write a complaint to the GM

good that you have a booking number..... did they give any time frame as to by when they 'll be changing your plan??? if they dont act fast just mail that booking number and write a complaint to the GM

yes they gave me a time frame of 1st of next month, i asked them weather they were sure about changing this plan online and they CC guy said Yes...anyways lemme wait and see🙂