• Thread starter abhi2212
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 1,228
abhi2212

abhi2212

ISP
BSNL bharat fiber
I'm currently on Rs 799 Fiber value plan ,but i checked online and the plans seems to have changed in December,Now 799 plan offers 1000gb fup and free OTT apps.But I checked on the selfcare portal but my plan is still shown as Fiber value with the old 3.3 Tb FUP.Since the old plan is discontinued,shouldnt I have the new plan with OTTs ? Do i need to contact BSNL to switch to that plan ?
Any help would be appreciated

C

Chip

ISP
FTTH: Airtel, TPBB, BSNL
5G: Jio
LTE: Airtel, Vi
It may be only for new connections bro. Check with BSNL. You can tell them to upgrade you to that plan in their systems.

S

Satya97

ISP
FTTH - BSNL ,Alliance, Siti
LTE - Jio ,Airtel
Fiber Value has 2 Variants :
  • One that you are currently having 100 Mbps with 3.3TB FUP
  • Another recently launched Fiber Value OTT with 1TB FUP ,but it includes OTT Apps.

To change to new plan ,u have to contact BSNL.

Last edited:
H

halfbytecode

ISP
BSNL
It seems possible to upgrade online to the Rs. 799 and Rs. 999 plans, offering OTT subscriptions, through the link below. OTP verification over the registered mobile number seems to be required.

MrGordon

MrGordon

ISP
Airtel
Interesting, wasn't aware of this, I am currently on the older Super Star 1 plan @ Rs 779 with just Hotstar, 1000 GB. Makes sense to change to the Rs 799 plan by paying Rs 20 extra and get the free OTT plans.

Will submit a plan change request.

MrGordon

MrGordon

ISP
Airtel
The CinemaPlus link above doesn't seem to work for me. Throws an error.

0G6deG0.png

H

halfbytecode

ISP
BSNL
I should add that BSNL now seems to be offering Hotstar Super with these 799/999 plans, and Hotstar Super is the ad-supported mid-tier plan, as opposed to Hotstar Premium, which is ad-free and offers even more.

If someone is on one of the older plans, without Hotstar or any OTT addons, then it can be done online through the above link, if its works for your area, or by contacting BSNL (over email should work). Check the link below for details about the latter.

@MrGordon

H

halfbytecode

ISP
BSNL
@dkdhanda8 Ads are not the lone difference. There are other differences between Hotstar Super and Premium also, about which I mentioned earlier. For people using those features it may not make sense to downgrade as such.

abhi2212

abhi2212

ISP
BSNL bharat fiber
Ok guys i changed the plan :D but I could only log into Hotstar as of now,yupptvscope isn't showing any plans as subscribed and i couldn't log into zee5 or sonyliv