regarding new airtel connection installation

• Thread starter Thread starter band007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,304

band007

ISP
airtel
hey guys could ull plzz share ur experience regarding airtel connection as im gettin one installed 2day. 384kb

i went through a lot of threads regarding and have a few questions...

1)what does the airtel engineer usuallly come and install?i read he configures the beetel 220bx on airtel.wats the difference regarding the modem usb and lan connection i already am connected on local cable ethernet.

Well i have the same problem too..My beetel 220bx on airtel
1) Disconects every 1/2 hour when connected on usb
turning it off the modem and then back on solves it but after another 1/2 hour it disconnects again
2)Works fine when connected on etherenet

2)IM actually goin for the connection coz i download a lot of torrents.will they see during installation whether im getting 40+ speeds on torrents.
do they cap the downloads n if they do do they cap aftr a person exceeds the specified limit set by them eg above 20gb they cap the speeds

plzz do suggest regarding things i should look into during installation

THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE........PLZ REPLY AS ASAP......

No caps as far as I know...Why do you want to use it on USB if Ethernet is working properly?

No caps as far as I know...Why do you want to use it on USB if Ethernet is working properly?

I HAVE NO IDEA SO WAS ASKIN...
I SUBMITTED THE FORM 2DAY AND HE TICKED ON USB MODEM..

so thanks ill tell him to connect via ethernet...........
one more thing hell connect the same usb modem via ethrnet

and one more think so once im connected ill be gettin auto speeds fr my 384 connection ie: upto 48kb for torrents .....i was askin coz i read regarding port forwarding on the
modem nd i have no idea on the same..

and one more thing hell connect the same usb modem via ethrnet

hey guys could ull plzz share ur experience regarding airtel connection as im gettin one installed 2day. 384kb

i went through a lot of threads regarding and have a few questions...

1)what does the airtel engineer usuallly come and install?i read he configures the beetel 220bx on airtel.wats the difference regarding the modem usb and lan connection i already am connected on local cable ethernet.

well i have the same problem too..my beetel 220bx on airtel
1) disconects every 1/2 hour when connected on usb
turning it off the modem and then back on solves it but after another 1/2 hour it disconnects again
2)works fine when connected on etherenet

2)im actually goin for the connection coz i download a lot of torrents.will they see during installation whether im getting 40+ speeds on torrents.
do they cap the downloads n if they do do they cap aftr a person exceeds the specified limit set by them eg above 20gb they cap the speeds

plzz do suggest regarding things i should look into during installation

thanks to all in advance........plz reply as asap......
i m not a techsavy but using airtel net since last 3months with combo 555 pack in kolkata, its good in all respect, like speed, services.. Hope it will satisfy u ... All the best

u ll get 48+kBps speed on torrents😀

I am using the Airtel Internet only with USB wire... No problems for me till date... I get more than 30 ks on my 256 k connection...