Reg. Vodafone Bidding Onr Hutch

Spawn Freak

Regular
ISP
BSNL DataOne Home 500
Vodafone is bidding on Hutch.....Are they bidding for full company or just a stake....If Vodafone buys out hutch(or stake watever), Hutch will change to vodaofne n we'll be seeing vodafone as our operator????

All I know is that they are biddding for stake,

they cannot acquire the entire company. government does not allow foreign companies to operate like that in telecom. they are likely to end up working with ESSAR. as for HUTCH as a brand, it was renamed from ESSAR to HUTCH. since the word is part of HUTCHISON which is selling the stake, i would not be surprised if Hutch is renamted to Vodafone after the deal is complete. or they could still use the same brand name to save efforts on rebranding...

So much news is being aired just for a s**** piece of stake!!!!!!!!!!!!I was happy that we might get Vodafone as our operator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vodafone has been confirmed as the buyer of hutchison stake in hutch.

and if Ruia's (Essar) decide to sell their stake in Hutch, then they're supposed to get $6.5 billion 😱this will put them above even Ambani's in terms of hard cash 🙄 as Ambani's assets are mostly in terms of shares and stuff...

and they would be foolish to sell off that stake right now. considering with vodafone being the majority partner, the company would become a bigger threat to airtel. the best would be for them to reduce the stake to 26 percent as per the governments' requirement. stay as a silent partner. let voda do the tough work. sell in the future when the price is even higher!