Staff member
ISP
Jetway FTTH, BSNL FTTH
Check RedmiBook 15 Pro Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Paytm

OwDpptJ.webp

7V6PY2O.webp

₹49,999 for 8GB RAM & 512GB SSD

Last edited by a moderator:
No Wi-Fi 6 support is a bummer at this price.

Why do have to bring mobile naming convention to pc/ laptops. Tomorrow we will have notebook ultra Pro max and what not!!

Never recalled using that last alphanumeric string for any of my Dell laptops. Offcourse in the case you mentioned, the Redmi naming convention is better than dell.

Redmi would easily corner the mid-segment of the windows laptop market by offering some customizations. 512GB SSD is already more than enough for most people. it's the ram where mid-range laptops cheapen out. you end up buying a much more expensive laptop just to get a model that has 16GB RAM because it is soldiered on most models these days.

Yup, if I am not mistaken, only Lenovo sought of offers some customisation. But yes, prices shoot up. Even if you opt for upgrading ssd to 1 tb would cost you more than what is available in the market.
But being one of the pioneers of planned obsolescence, I would like to see how things go.

Dell also had customization on their website a while ago. They still do for some models I believe.

I mean, I am not even asking for much. But not offering 16GB RAM variants of your laptops is just stupid these days. 8GB is enough for most of the market but you miss out on a pretty big market by not offering 16GB RAM. And this is for a 50K laptop. Just add a new variant and charge 55K for it. People would be fine paying more than market price for that extra RAM.

I assume Mi would be getting these machines assembled in India. So it should not be that hard. Was looking at LG Gram models and the base model there is again with 8GB RAM and it costs 70K.

I am guessing it’s also because of the chip shortage in Taiwan. They can churn out two 8gb laptops instead of one 16gb with the same supply of chips

My HP pavilion laptop 14 with 11th gen i5 has 16gb and 512gb for 60k when I bought it about 4 months ago.

Model dv0054tu ...