Reddit Updates

And it is painful to browse 😀

Reddit's main USP is the userbase ..not the site. site UI is horrible and most of "intellectuals" in my crowd used reddit for few days and then shifted to quora. How ellen pao cannot see this is beyond me..

PRevisously Digg did this ..it pissed off userbase with a goal of monetizing itself and user exodus took place from digg to reddit. Now things are so bad that many people may shift to voat (Unless voat accquires more servers)

Even imgur(site which existed only co of reddit) also pissed off a lot of users by outright banning nsfw posts so that site may become more friendlier to advitisers. users revolted and then they introduced a truce.

I cannot believe how people can use Quora. It's like the annoyinger version of Facebook.

Too bad no one was prepared for this reddit meltdown. reddit gained when digg collapsed because it was more or less prepared to handle the extra users. Voat was not. The new owners of Digg have not added the features that made Digg Digg. I like the newer version of Digg but it's more of an online newspaper.

A few well known mods resigned but apart from that most of the big subreddits are back up. Discontent is still there but I think its business as usual in reddit..atleast for now.

Curious thing is that victoria still hasnt responded to any of the various things happening at reddit.

Well she has to find a new job. And bitching about reddit would not help her cause. Not everyone is a Lalit Modi 😀