Red Bull

Phew. That was amazing ! 😀

Looks like he broke 2 out of 3 records.... highest jump, fastest speed but not the longest duration freefall... the record from 1960 was just under 4 min 30 sec, this guy managed just over 4 min 10 sec... CLOSE ! 🙂

woa ..thats something! Previous record set in 1960! how is that possible?

because humankind has taken many steps backwards in the past couple of decades? a man has not walked on the moon for decades now. as the joke goes... 50-60 years ago engineers were working on putting a man on the moon. today the best brains in the business are working on creating personalized advertising for mobile devices.

Interestingly he did not break the record for longest free fall. Missed by around twenty seconds!

Felix has created a controversy saying Mission to Mars is a waste of money...

'Fearless' Felix Baumgartner: Mars is a waste of money - Telegraph

"A lot of guys they are talking about landing on Mars," he said. "Because [they say] it is so important to land on Mars because we would learn a lot more about our planet here, our Earth, by going to Mars which actually makes no sense to me because we know a lot about Earth and we still treat our planet, which is very fragile, in a really bad way.
"So I think we should perhaps spend all the money [which is] going to Mars to learn about Earth. I mean, you cannot send people there because it is just too far away. That little knowledge we get from Mars I don't think it does make sense."
Earlier this year Nasa landed the Curiosity rover on Mars. The plutonium powered robot will explore the surface of the Red Planet for upwards of 10 years at a cost of $2.5 billion (£1.5 billion).
"That is tax money," Mr Baumgartner, 43, added. "People should decide 'are you willing to spend all this money to go to Mars?' I think the average person on the ground would never spend that amount of money – they have to spend it on something that makes sense and this is definitely saving our planet."