• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,532

kRuSnIk

Silent Lurker
ISP
Railwire | Airtel | Jio
Hi Folks

I am having a house constructed in my town. Currently, it is in the initial phase. Since, it a small town in Bihar, not much information is available locally.
So, I'm looking for any tips and recommendations for it.

What are the things that I should implement or avoid?
What brands/products, wiring, switches etc should I be looking at?
Recommendations for gadgets, cameras, appliances?
I'm planning to have sliding windows so I was looking at Fenesta and Rehau, but if you have anything better in mind the please let me know.
Any other recommendations ?

No. of floors - 2 [Ground+1st+Terrace]
Area - ~3500sqft per floor
Weather - ~40degrees in Summer and ~10 degrees in Winter.

Would greatly appreciate your inputs.

I hope we have some architects/structural engineers/interior designers/civil engineers here who can answer this question. If not I will forward this to my brother who is a structural engineer for suggestions.

Recommendations depend on your budget and taste.

I can recommend electrical items.... wiring/ switches/ conduiting etc.

BTW -10 degrees in Bihar??? where?

I guess a quality budget home would cost you around Rs.1800 per sq feet these days. Luxury one upwards of Rs.2000 (there is no limit for this).

I hope we have some architects/structural engineers/interior designers/civil engineers here who can answer this question. If not I will forward this to my brother who is a structural engineer for suggestions.

Thank you for taking a look. Any input is welcomed.

Recommendations depend on your budget and taste.

I can recommend electrical items.... wiring/ switches/ conduiting etc.

BTW -10 degrees in Bihar??? where?

I'm looking for good products. Everybody recommends Havells or Anchor, but the newer ones don't last long. Looking for quality over looks. Total budget is approx 60 lakhs.

I am pretty annoyed with the durability of modular switches from havells. Athena is what we used. Shit quality.

I recently renovated my home and trust me i did go through all the same queries that you have and after thorough research here are my few input.
For wires you can go for either anchor, havells or goldmedal. The thing is the price factor anchor is the least expensive then goldmedal and then havells. Had bought all these but not much of a difference, as all were fr(fire resistant) and hr (heat resistant)
For switches never ever go for havells, trust me, its availablity is very high just because of commission nothing else. Have anchor roma for my hotel, no complaints as such but not aesthetically good looking for personal use. For my home I used goldmedal switches nixon range and the quality just blows away the competition from havells and roma. Go for the white switches always as the dark one is just a coat over it and it gets faded by time. The way you could experiment is the combination of the modular plates. Check one there website.

For cement i went with acc gold cement.
Tiles i went with kajaria.
Sanitaryware is cera
Faucets are jaquar
(Both cera and jaquar have good support here at my place so that also made impact on my decision)

Thanks. I'll look into Goldmedal switches. For tiles we were going either with Kajaria or Johnson. Any recommendation for surface lights and Led's?

similar to switches never go with havells for leds. Had installed havells ceiling lights in my restaurant and Philips in reception area. 5 out of 32 died in restaurant and were out of warranty (1yr). Phillips are going strong. Also syska is not upto the standard of philips in my opinion, will try goldmedal as well otherwise will go for Phillips.

Also Schneider switches and mcbs have good reputation. Will probably go for Schindler mcbs for my home

I have been in Bhagirath palace for more than 25 years.... I guess Worlds biggest whole sale market of Electrical products.

These days all major brands are in to everything..... Anchor, Havells, Polycab, Khaitan, Philips etc. etc. Gold medal is not a major brand and there are so many similar local brands which offer good quality at a premium price.. each such local brand being dominant in certain part of the country.

But to keep it simple... you can go for Anchor wires/ switches/ pipes .... you will find competitive price (get anchor product quote from 2-3 dealers in your area) as well as fairly good quality. Their LED's under Panasonic brand are also good...... I would stay away from Havells/ Philips... You can also go for SysKa..... or go for a local brand which is recommended by the dealer from whom you would purchase other things..... Here you have scope to bargain for the best price and also get assurance of the quality & replacement. The problem wit LED's is the quality of driver which might fail irrespective of the brand/ price.