recommend me WiFi of MTNL broadband

electronik54

ISP
MTNL
hi therei am gettin MTNL broadband connection soon. i wanted to use wifi on the connection. since MTNL haven't specified any recommended device for the same(an of course i dont know if there is any) can you recommend me any WiFi???? i asked a guy in MTNL office he said ask for any WiFi with ADSL+ other(connection guy) said just tell the shopkeeper WiFi wor MTNL connection. is there any specification for MTNL WiFi????pls reply ASAP.Thanks.....

No. Any ADSL+Wifi combo will work. Whats your budget and the desired coverage area?

No. Any ADSL+Wifi combo will work. Whats your budget and the desired coverage area?

budget around 3000-4000. how do i define coverage area?

It is better to get it directly from MTNL. They charge Rs.50 as rental, but in case of failure they replace with another one. Tension free.

Don't know about Mumbai but here they used to charge 75 Rs. and the quality is pathetic.

thanks for the replies guys. but i not getting the broadband connection now. SORRY🙁 BUT heres the reasons why

MTNL suks, here is what happned with me

1>i visited the MTNL site for broadband info, and i chose "DSL_Unlimited_550_Combo">it says you get speed of 512kbps(8amto6pm),1mbps(6pm-12am)&2mbps(12am-8am) speed
link>>Unlimited Plans

2>now i visit same site DIFFRENT page which has same plan on it"DSL_Unlimited_550_Combo">it says you get speed of 512kbps(8amto6pm),1mbps(6pm-12am)&2mbps(12am-8am) speed & "Download Speed during night for DSL_Unlimited_550_Combo, DSL_Unlimited_995_Combo valid from 05/11/2012 to 05/01/2013."
link>>Broadband Combo Plans

DIFFRENT INFO ON THE SAME PLANS ON THE SAME SAME WEBSITE!!!!!

4>then i visit MTNL office i talked about my problem there to a women. she was very RUDE so i yelled at her and left to meet the in-charge there. we discussed about my issue and even he had no idea about the status of "DSL_Unlimited_550_Combo". the he searched the "recent notices section" only to find the speed of the "DSL_Unlimited_550_Combo" have changed to>morning 512kbps and night 1mbps. then a women working there said she had same connection at had home but she got 512kbps for day&night.

WTF!!!!!

thanks for the replies guys. but i not getting the broadband connection now. SORRY🙁 BUT heres the reasons why

MTNL suks, here is what happned with me

1>i visited the MTNL site for broadband info, and i chose "DSL_Unlimited_550_Combo">it says you get speed of 512kbps(8amto6pm),1mbps(6pm-12am)&2mbps(12am-8am) speed
link>>Unlimited Plans

2>now i visit same site DIFFRENT page which has same plan on it"DSL_Unlimited_550_Combo">it says you get speed of 512kbps(8amto6pm),1mbps(6pm-12am)&2mbps(12am-8am) speed & "Download Speed during night for DSL_Unlimited_550_Combo, DSL_Unlimited_995_Combo valid from 05/11/2012 to 05/01/2013."
link>>Broadband Combo Plans

DIFFRENT INFO ON THE SAME PLANS ON THE SAME SAME WEBSITE!!!!!

4>then i visit MTNL office i talked about my problem there to a women. she was very RUDE so i yelled at her and left to meet the in-charge there. we discussed about my issue and even he had no idea about the status of "DSL_Unlimited_550_Combo". the he searched the "recent notices section" only to find the speed of the "DSL_Unlimited_550_Combo" have changed to>morning 512kbps and night 1mbps. then a women working there said she had same connection at had home but she got 512kbps for day&night.

WTF!!!!!

bro as it is said almost each one of us has to go through this with mtnl
i, myself have dsl 550 combo and i got it last month
i too faced similar issues of customer care ineptness... i had to write a mail to DGM broadband to have my speed profile reset as i was also getting 512 kbps instead of 1 and 2 mbps ... and it was done within seconds 😛
but it was sorted out.. so far so good ... Touchwood !!

so dont worry abt employees' foolishness 😛