Recommend me a TV?

• Thread starter Thread starter Pikachu90
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 747
ISP
BSNL
Hello, I'm new to TV market, what I'm looking for is a cheap and best big flat TV,(probably 4k, and must be Samsung or Sony) which can connect DVD & BD players, and hdmi to stream my laptop, & can serve as a big computer monitor when needed, and I want to stream movies from some online video streaming services/apps(and need features to download, rip or record them) like Hotstar, voot, Zee5, Amazon prime, sunnxt, sonyliv, erosnow, jiocinema, yupptv, etc. And I want to able to record TV shows/movies etc. Must be 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio rather than Theatrical 2:25:1,etc, Which TV I have to buy? How to connect TV to Internet without a smart TV, is it possible? smart or non smart TV?

I do not have TV suggestions though , you can buy a Non smart Tv and add a TV box it , but TV nowadays has some sort of smart TV OS built into them

That's a huge list btw

1) DVD Players/HDMI input - sure almost all TVs have that
2) Serve as a computer monitor- if it has HDMI, it can do it. Although input latency will be terrible unless you get one with "game mode" or something.
3) Stream movies - Sure you can buy either an Android smart TV or a regular TV and add a smart TV stick (roku, fire tv) or an Android tv box or even a PC.
4) Download/Rip/record? See no streaming service would EVER let you do that, not even on a PC. That's piracy right there. You are not allowed to record anything, you just have a license to watch it.
5) All those streaming apps you said, those are apps, can be installed on any of those smart devices or TVs.
6) Most TVs are 16:9
7) Which one to buy? That'll be difficult you have to find on your own.

I'd suggest getting a big regular non smart TV (those are cheaper than smart TVs) and add the "smart" part later. So you can upgrade the "smart" part down the road. At the same time Android TV isn't that bad either.

Edit: Just a quick look on Amazon, most TVs nowadays have some kind of "smart" things in them. Yeah I guess you can just buy any TV then, smart part can be added or upgraded later if you don't like the TV's one.

Everything you asked is possible on any TV, except the recording part.

Last edited: