Recommend Airtel?

• Thread starter Thread starter Savant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,589

Savant

I hear some really good things about airtel and some really bad. Overall, how do you rate it? Specifically, are they giving you close to the max speed you paid for? Does it go down frequently? Is customer service helpful? Are there any hidden catches?Thanks.

not according to me...it may be very well "worth your money" if you don't compare it with other ISPs like MTNL and BSNL...

Well, naturally, it's all relative...But you think it's ok against MTNL and BSNL?I'm willing to pay a bit extra if it gets me more reliability/consistently higher speeds...this "512 Kbps max, but really we're just plugging your line into a 14.4K modem." crap really gets on my nerves...

dunno bout bsnl but if u take the 999 plan of airtel then its definately better than mtnl since u get 512 at night. As far as reliability is concerned, airtel has recently been experiencing a prob of low speeds which ofcourse is temp and by now is fixed(at least in my case it is 😀)

u certainly not get 512 everywhere. i find it hard to touch 35KBps at nights on Airtel.

though i don use 999plan but frm wot i've heard ppl do get 50+ speeds at night and not one atleast 4-5 ppl hv confirmed this.

Give me airtel and i am ready anytime to leave mtnl! When dealing with mtnl employee i feel liable to them and for every minor problem one has to visit there exchange and meet there officer(what the heck CC is for)! And no one has such time in thisfast blazing world, currently being a student i could afford these visit! Can't say for future!So for peace of mind have airtel!

I think we've arranged for a 30 day trial of Airtel, we'll see how it goes...still interested in the feedback though; we all know that they're all nice during the trial, and then screw you a few months down the line.

it may be bad generally, but I can assure you, compared to other ISP's, AIRTEL is the best available in India right now.

hmmmm that ^^^^ is debatable 🙂..........yaar it totally depends on ur needs, airtel cannot be unanimously be chosen as #1

exactly airtel on an average is the most dependable solution. speed wise bsnl/mtnl are currently better.