• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 9,035

x720

Incoherent Poster
ISP
airtel, BSNL, MTNL
As the thread title says. Paytm has stopped supporting amex lately and I need to recharge my airtel data card. Airtel's own website doesn't support amex, and all portals I come across support only visa/MasterCard.

amex user huh? next you would seek a vertu smartphone with windows phone 8. 😛 :iomg:

lol. Just a supplementary card. Have no other option for online transactions. 😛In any case, any ideas, people?

Companies lose my respect when they don't support AMEX Customers, seriously!

lol... As a young developer, I remember a couple of us cribbing about writing special Unit test cases & testing for Amex cards as they have only 15 digits instead of 16

Why cant these people be like others and have 16 digits in their cards

hmm. I'm pretty sure they won't be adding support for amex anytime soon. Its been like this for a few months. Before that, amex cards worked flawlessly on Paytm 🙁

i am assuming that the payment gateway that they used stopped supporting amex 😀--by the way if you need to recharge something in emergency, i can transfer you funds on Paytm wallet (i imagine they have something like a gift card).

Ah! This was primarily for the airtel half hour 3G plan! Nothing important 😛 Thanks a lot, though!

I am not sure the gateway can decide on the fly to drop Amex as that would seriously affect the SLA's . Paytm would have been informed in advance of the gateway's business or otherwise decision to drop Amex & then they would have taken the business decision to continue with the gateway or get someone who supports Amex. So that in turn would be a business decision for them.