Receiving strange unknown international calls that charge money.

• Thread starter Thread starter Udit Bajaj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,251

Udit Bajaj

Now I dunno if this has happened on other mobile operators, but it happened on my father's and my own numbers, both of which belong to Airtel.It started when I got two calls in the morning in November , followed by dad getting the same calls immediately before me. It was like the number that called was scanning for some users to pick up: +907576022239, +21264610856 . I got these calls immediately after dad got them as our numbers are xx34 and xx35.. It was like someone on those numbers was scanning for active users? Cut to November 30, I received a call from seemingly an Indian number : +914044580560. I picked it up thinking it was a friend in Rajasthan, but there was no response so I cut it after 17 seconds. Next day, my unbilled amount rose from 1990 to 2658. 😡Cut to today I received five calls in succession within a few seconds: +88625105385, +6665611680, +4058693382, +21262059035, +21246454885From what I managed to search online, +2126x is a code for Moroccan mobiles, +886 is a Taiwanese code, +40 is a Romanian code, +90 belongs to Turkey. Now I picked up only the Indian number then, and today I picked up the Romanian number >.> Yes mi culpa..my fault. After picking up the Indian number my unbilled amount went from 1990 to 2658, and now I shudder to think what will happen tomorrow. What I want to know is, are other Airtel users receiving such calls? Other mobile users? And why are these calls coming in from seemingly random countries. How is Airtel not able to filter such calls?

Incoming is free in India - So I do not think you should have been charged????? Did you check with Airtel... Since you mention unbilled , I think you should wait to see if you get billed a7 then question Airtel that how can you be charged as you did not make the call...

^^^Got the bill today. Thankfully no extra charges levied, although I have been charged 600Rs twice in a span of a day in the last billing cycle. Of course as long as it doesn't translate into a final charge, all is good. However, the mystery remains. Where did they put up a charge of 600Rs from 😛 On other note, I think my services were not shut down and my credit limit was automatically pulled up to 5K Rs being a "platinum customer" 😛 😛 I must say , other than the "damaged " sim card which gives me only 3KBps of speed, Airtel has so far been decent enough in billing , although it is still not clear how it levies those charges in the unbilled amounts, worrying the users first, unnecessarily.

Now I dunno if this has happened on other mobile operators, but it happened on my father's and my own numbers, both of which belong to Airtel.
It started when I got two calls in the morning in November , followed by dad getting the same calls immediately before me. It was like the number that called was scanning for some users to pick up: +907576022239, +21264610856 . I got these calls immediately after dad got them as our numbers are xx34 and xx35.. It was like someone on those numbers was scanning for active users? Cut to November 30, I received a call from seemingly an Indian number : +914044580560. I picked it up thinking it was a friend in Rajasthan, but there was no response so I cut it after 17 seconds. Next day, my unbilled amount rose from 1990 to 2658. 😡

Cut to today I received five calls in succession within a few seconds: +88625105385, +6665611680, +4058693382, +21262059035, +21246454885

From what I managed to search online, +2126x is a code for Moroccan mobiles, +886 is a Taiwanese code, +40 is a Romanian code, +90 belongs to Turkey.

Now I picked up only the Indian number then, and today I picked up the Romanian number >.> Yes mi culpa..my fault. After picking up the Indian number my unbilled amount went from 1990 to 2658, and now I shudder to think what will happen tomorrow. What I want to know is, are other Airtel users receiving such calls? Other mobile users? And why are these calls coming in from seemingly random countries. How is Airtel not able to filter such calls?

Hi, I too am facing this problem. I have an airtel cell. I got a missed call from this number and a similar number 2 times in 2 weeks. This is the number +905922112278 .

I accidentaly dialled back to find out who it was and it turned out to be some automated international service ( +90 is a Turkey code) . I have complained to airtel but they say that to block it, they will charge rs. 30/month ???? What the hell is this ? They should try and prevent spam calls especially from such international adult site spam numbers which harass the customer . !