Received a new connection of Xstream with GX router

• Thread starter Thread starter iamarun.sh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 14,845
This is Titanium 2122a genexis gx router. Does anyone know how do I reserve an IP- mac in this router. I gone through it but couldnt find anything

It looks like a pretty basic ONT based WiFi 5 (Wireless AC) Router with only 2 Gigabit LAN and 1 RJ45 (for Landline).
For all practical purposes it is capable of speeds up to 800 Mbps on WiFi, provide the device is Wireless AC capable.

Are you looking for any other specific information?

P.S: I don't have this router myself, information is from internet search.
Source: https://www.amazon.in/Titanium-2122A-Dualband-Supports-1xVOICE/dp/B08B4X2HRB

This is Titanium 2122a genexis gx router. Does anyone know how do I reserve an IP- mac in this router. I gone through it but couldnt find anything

I could see an option called 'Binding' under 'Net' - this is where you can usually reserve IP for a certain MAC address. Hope this helps !

*Based on this youtube video from GX Tech Support:
Source

Last edited:
Btw, I would like to have my own router purchased and use it as main router with this Genexis router as in bridge mode. Does anyone have done it earlier? Any link would be helpful.. or just simply any other setup done in airtel. Like I can see my WAN settings details from wan info and I can see that it uses ppoe type and vlan number and so on. I
Also see if I create a new wan connection then it gives me option to create bridge mode. Do I need to fill in vlan detail in bridge mode in this Gx router as well?
Or to be filled in main router and leave everything blank in this router just only select bridge

If you have already checked the router interface and did not find IP-MAC binding settings, then recommended contacting GX tech support once. They may be able to point in the right direction.

I'll try to enable Bridge mode for my Airtel router in 2-3 weeks and configure PPPoE in the new router. I have 2 BB connections and will eventually set-up for back-up with an option to combine speed/bandwidth of both connections.
I can probably experiment at the time and post the results here.
I would normally start by taking backup of the current Airtel router and then try different options until it works as per expectation.

Well well.. the router which I felt very bad is actually great. It is totally unrestricted router. I created bridge mode by myself and used PPoE based connection in my firewall and received Public IP and worked fine. It is acting as just a modem now.
Moreover, I requested a static IP and then again I was able to configure IP on my firewall and its working again.
No needed to ask customer care to configure bridge mode or anything. Now whole connection is my control.
Gx router as PON modem —— my firewall —- LAN and personal wifi router as AP.

@iamarun.sh: Yes. I have the same router from Airtel. Unfortunately the Airtel guys did not provide any documentation and I could not find any on the web. As you said, if you were able to successfully set bridge mode, please share your configuration information. Thanks.

Dear @GSen1 Please find the snapshot of my WAN settings
Source . Do these changes in your WAN profile and apply changes. Things to remember:
copy your PPOE username from this GX router WAN profile page and save it somewhere. password will be your Xstream fiber account number. (You can find this in my airtel app)
Gateway type: earlier it would be router, change it to bridge
Binding option: chose the LAN interface which is connected to your own router , in my case I have connected a firewall to LAN2 hence LAN2 is checked. (this means that which LAN is in bridge mode now)
Bridge mode: choose PPOE if you have not opt for static IP from Airtel
VLAN 100
thats it at GX router.
now Plug your router in respected bridged LAN(in my case LAN2) and access your router and go to WAN settings and change type to PPOE or static.
PPOE requires username and password, so fill those details in your router and done.
Now, you shall get a public IP at your own router and internet will work at your clients.

Note, post these changes, you will not be able to access gx router from your clients if you try to access it as its now in bridge mode and acts as a modem only. The way to access it will be , Plug the LAN cable from your computer to other LAN interface of GX router which was not selected during "binding option". (in my case LAN1) then, manually assign an IP to your computer from GX router IP range, for example: in my case GX router IP was 192.168.1.1 so have a IP 192.168.1.2 at computer, now you can open web admin page and access GX again.

note: the above steps can be followed by anyone irrespective of given airtel router brand, just that one shall see option of bridge in their WAN section. Here in this GX router, we have this already available.