Received a new connection of Xstream with GX router

• Thread starter Thread starter iamarun.sh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 14,814
@iamarun.sh: The steps you indicated were very helpful. I was able to configure it in bridge mode. Works fine. Thanks.

can you filter Mac addresses to see or block wifi device on Admin page.... i have airtel GENEXIS titanium 2022 box.... and not able to block or see devices.

What a horrible router this one is. The whole GX system is meant to be for snooping on people. Here are my extremely bad review.

1 - no option to reserve IPS internally. Will force you to convert it into a modem and waste power. Even when Wi-Fi bands are disable only the SSID goes private. They still consume power and the real router (as this is now a modem) nearby will have less range as this modem is emitting same 2.4 + 5ghz frequencies.

2 - my friend at isp showed me their Backend panel where all DNS queries made by customer were visible. So I switched to typical Google and Cloudflare DNS resolvers added with my pi-hole ( a local dns resolver to filter ads)

3 - 2 freaking lan ports. In 2022. Wow

4 - ever heard of custom SSID? forget about it now. You pick a phrase eg - home. And the GX will make two networks. Home & Home_5G. No way to make it Home5G without the underscore. If you do the Airtel thanks App can’t recognise the network and all settings via app don’t work.

5 - there is a captcha while login in the gateway portal.

6 - GX had new terminology of their on. Every section has an open / close label on top. So weird to read ‘open’ my wireless. ‘Close’ my mac filtering 😕

Took a new Airtel connection, got Titanium 2122A. They have disabled the entire WAN page, can't even enable IPv6 on my own.
Is there any way to unlock this page?

htEluIb.png

@xubscribe After reading your post about DNS queries being logged at ISP level that got me overthinking about privacy and literally purchased VPN, now using it on mobile and laptop, and all non-VPN traffic is blocked.

Infact even planning to get a decent router for router level VPN tunnelling maybe Wireguard based.

@Aryanraj All routers from Airtel now seem to be locked. You can contact your area's airtel office to get bridge mode enabled.
Just one suggestion, do not get ZyXEL, I previously had it and its locked down to the heart. You can not even see optical power. I have Genexis now which I got a year back, and I managed to unlock it using older firmware version, but I think now they have disabled the update firmware page on it too.

I tried configuring WAN on an unlocked Nokia G-2425G-A same as it is configured in locked GX router but its not working, using the same password (account number) in configuration page as I did with my previous connection.
PS: Previous connection Fiber ID ended with _dsl but this one has _wifi

What am I doing wrong, is the configuration password different for this router?

Is there a way to unlock GX router with latest September 2023 firmware?

Last edited:
@pnutbu22er try with username: newuser@airtelbroadband.in , password: newpassword. If it connects, then your configuration is alright, if doesnt connect, means there's some issue between your router and Airtel's end.
Also, airtel doesnt do mac binding, please stop using this term with Airtel. You are doing nothing but giving ideas to Airtel to get them secure their network.

@Ajay15 password varies from router to router that was initially configured in?

On my old connection with Nokia router password was account number which is mentioned in Airtel app, now with a different connection on Airtel Black with GX router the usual password(account no) doesn't seem to work.

Previously I did configure the connection on my Nokia router after unlocking and doing a fresh start, it was working